1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats you choice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DAZ982500, Apr 26, 2008.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I currently own a 95 Chevy K1500 wth 2007 Western Ultr mount Standard SnowEx 1750 pivot tailgate salter.The truck is in great working condition pulls trailer some132k all paid for.The question is,granted if this takes shape cannot be predicated at this time,I would like to take on alittle more commercial accounts ,lg sq ft nxt season.In this case I would be looking for more of a heavier truck with commercial plow and different salter,not sure what.My current set up works fine for what work I have know, 1 med size lot (science center},a dentist office,small construction outfit office, a hair salon,machine shop 25-30 residential accounts.What is your recommendations for an upgrade.I don't want a new truck infact if anything I prefer older trucks,if taken care they seem to last.The truck above was 6k with 8.5 western uni mount ,I bought the current plow because this was to big for this truck,1/2 ton.I don't care whether it is Chevy,Ford etc just that it can accomplish the work and that it is used,also any thoughts on the yr/model.It needs to be ext cab.I have thought about a 2nd truck but I not sure if I want the headaches of repairs on 2 trucks insurance etc.If I find the right truck all sale the chevy.Dave
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with a V for sure, being you live up state NY. I would also go with a 1 ton pick up with a V box spreader. Tailgate spreaders are a pain in the butt for the large lots. I would personally go with a Chevy/GMC Reg cab Dmax (Diesels can push some serious snow) with a 8'2" Boss V and a 8' SS V box. JMO. Good luck