1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DJ Contracting, Dec 22, 2007.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

My 1993 plow truck which has the 7.5 Uni-mount Poly

Here is what it's doing when, the joy stick controller is hooked up and i want to lower the

plow just a little it wants to go all the way down unless i catch it right away (sucks while

driving) it does not do this with the hand held controller.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats totally normal for the second design joysticks.. they go into float as soon as you push the stick down unless you barely "tap" the stick..

The hand helds won't go into float unless you hold the button down for 2 seconds..that allows you to tap the blade down much easier that the joy stick controllers..that's why your noticing the difference..
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I haven't had a unimount for a while but with my old one there wasn't any hesitation for the float mode. When you hit down it was in float and would go to the ground unless you hit up before it hit the ground. With my new ultra mount you have to hold it down for a second or two before it is in float.
  4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I knew i could count on you B&B thanks

cet; you said the same thing only B&B typed faster thanks.