1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong with my Western HTS!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Keith 6RR, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Keith 6RR

Keith 6RR Junior Member
    from Skokie

So i completely installed it today and when i was maneuvering it left right up down.. it would pore out oil from the seal which connects the oil holder to the motor? just shooting out... it almost looks like when western blasted the bolts on it was over done and looks like theres a space that shouldnt be there..

Anybody else have this problem? or something i forgot to do?

also wats so important about the plastic breather oil cap your suppose to replace the metal one for.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You just diagnosed your own problem right there. It can't breath becuase you don't have the breather cap in place. And if it can't vent- it's gonna push it out somewhere. I'm sure you can guess where that might be. :D
  3. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

hey post pics your new hts i want to c what it looks like on a dodge
  4. thomas_e102

thomas_e102 Member

I have oil coming from the cap

When I use the plow oil comes out of cap. Is there to much or is there something wrong with it? I had it installed by western dealer. Try not to take it back if it is a small fix.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the fluid level before anything else.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the heck with that i let the dealer install my stuff 2 year warranty so if anything happens its his problem
  7. dd3brand

dd3brand Junior Member

Breather Cap for Western HTS

The hydraulic oil is probably squirting out because someone did not remove the reservoir plug an put the breather cap on. With the plug in, the reservoir will build up pressure and blow out the O-Ring...thus the leak. The breather cap has a "duck bill" that allows the pressure to escape out, and not allow anything into the system. You will need to have the reservoir and O-Ring replaced.