1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats wrong with my plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smokinspartan, Jan 6, 2005.

1. smokinspartan

smokinspartan Junior Member

i got a steel boss v-plow, i was plowing earlier on today, and slammed into a curb. i wasnt goin that fast, and the impact wasnt that bad. well later on i notice, that when i got the plow raised, in the v position, like when im driving around. the right side wing corner is lower, than the left wing now. and it was doing some scraping on the ground as i would drive. so i had to move the right wing foward a slight bit to give more clearence. what could be the issue here, ive looked all over the plow for any broken parts, and checked all nuts bolts and what not, everything looks fine. any suggestions on what to do?
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry but I think you might have twisted your mold board (s)
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Maybe the right side of the truck side mount has dropped down a bit?
    I have to tighten up the bolts on my Myer mount so it does not drop with the plow's weight on it. I am sure there will be many Boss users answer your post.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you need to learn how to plow... lol This prob. sounds stupid, but make sure you didn't shear off the right connector pin.
  5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

We hit a curb with our Boss 9.2 V last year, pretty hard. Result was twisted the right hand moulboard about 2 inches, bent the plow mount at the truck and bent the frame on the F250. We took the truck to the body shop and got the frame straightened and put on a new plow mount on the right side. We havent bothered to fix the moulboard.
    Check your plow mount and have the frame checked on the truck.
    Thats why I dont like the Boss V plows, they dont trip very well when hitting anything. I have done the same with the Boss straight blade and never hurt the plow or the truck.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  6. drplow

drplow Senior Member

humor like this is what makes this plow-site forum worth time to spend on. :nod:
  7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

when i caught a manhole on the far side of my meyer straight blade it didn't trip fully and when i picked it up in the straigh position it would lean one way like they do when they are angled. i just used it like that for the rest of the season but when i took everything apart to repain it this year, i found out i made the a frame buckle to the right and the cross on the a-frame slightly rippled....no damage to anything else though, jsut replaced it with a spare i had.

the damage wasn't as bad as it sounds, you could barely tell with it off the truck. :(
  8. I had done that with a fisher v plow 2 years ago. It bent the moldboard, a frame and push bar. Oh ya, 1 hell of a headache also. Problem was that I did not have the plow at the correct angle of attack, and the trip edge did not disengage properly. Check that you angle is correct by slowly trying to trip your plow, it should trip fairly easily on a solid surface.....