1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's wrong with my boss plows?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by NaturesEnemy1, Mar 29, 2015.

1. NaturesEnemy1

NaturesEnemy1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Have x2 boss plow. 1 is about 7 years old the other is a 2012 model. They are both experiencing the same issue but the issue is much worse on the older plow. Both are straight blades RT3.

Here's the problem:

If the plow is angled, windowing snow, as I reach the end of the row and try to straighten out the blade to stack snow, the plow hesitates. I have to release the button and hit it again to get it to respond. NOW, that is on the newest plow, the older one does that but when it gets stuck, I hit the button a few times but usually I have to go hit a curb or bump something with the plow to get it to release and function properly.

I hear the pump/ motor working so I onownits getting electric, so I think. I'm wondering is possibly the directional control valve is having issues?

Any help guys? Thanks.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hows the fluid? Start there.

So your trying to straighten it in the pile? If it's heavy and wet it will struggle a little.

3. NaturesEnemy1

from Ohio

I'm trying to straighten it right before I get to the pile. I'll check the fluid but I thought it was fine

4. grandview

Make sure you check in the v position.

5. NaturesEnemy1

from Ohio

It's a straight blade....

6. grandview

Sorry,didn't see that.

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

It is painted red. :laughing:

Same truck for both plows? Once you check fluid check connections at bumper and valves.

8. grandview

Down boy.:gunsfiring:

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You know the yellow ones never break. :rolleyes:

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Does it say BoSS on ur Vee?