1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's wrong w/ an 8100pp?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mr hydroseed, Dec 15, 2009.

1. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

I was planning on spending around $3k for a decent Blizzard 810 well before now, but I can't find anything and if I ever do I'm probably gonna have to drive hours upon hours to get it. Then install it and hope it doesn't have problems and hope it lasts the whole season without breaking down. I've always bought used plows and yeah there seems to always be something wrong with it from the start or very shortly. Then I was concidering buying a new 8100pp and thought it was gonna be in the high $5k's, then I'd have to pay for it to be installed, which I never have had anyone done before. I found a local dealer that sells them for $5195 installed, which last yr I would have said yeah right! But some how I had a great year and could actually swing it....Then I read all the remarks about how the 8100pp basicly suck compared to the old ones. Is that just speculation? Maybe shaving 35lbs of dead weight is a good thing? or not? What about looking for a 2008 810? Am i dreaming, WHAT DO I DO? How about warranties? What if something does go wrong, how long am i covered?
    PS I do like how the lights stay on the plow after removing from truck.
    PSS What's the most desirable controller? The new mini hand held looks difficult to use, I think I'd prefer the mini joystick version.
    Ok thats enough, :sleeping: thanks!

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

have both old style and new in stock pm me if interested and pricing

3. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

How can you tell if you have the old or new style? I bought mine in 09, I just went in to my dealer and said I wanted an 810 power plow not even knowing that there were two types available. Either way I haven't any problems out of any of my blizzard blades, granted they are all very new.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  4. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Never mind, I dug my invoice out I have an 8100pp. What are these problems I can expect?

5. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Blizzard problems

I'm not sure if your asking me? That's the same question I'm asking.

6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

it is in the hitch setup lights on the truck or off the truck when mounted

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The plow itself is fine. Most of the weight that came off is in the a frame and mounting areas. Truth be told the mounting is basically a western ultra mount.

Noone know how they will hold up, but the moldboard is the same as last years. If I didn't already have one Blizzard I would "upgrade" and get the new style. That is the main problem most people have you can't use an 810 on a truck set up for an 8100, nor the other way around. If you can swing it go for it.