1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats with this jetstream?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am so sick of the weather guys saying "another mild day instore" And the anchor's saying this is great weather. They are saying the jetstream isn't moving anytime soon. WTF ITS JANUARY! and its in the 40's. Maybe by Friday it will be cold enough to snow, then you know what will happen, all this moisture will dry up so then it will just be bitterly cold.:realmad: :realmad:

2. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Just think if all the rain we just got was snow!!!!!!!!

Up in Mass, we are getting a storm tonite/Tuesday..it should be a good one. The weather is just plain weird. Its amazing how just a few miles makes all the difference. Also, a few years ago, eevery time a storm came, I was in a spot that was about 31-32 degrees every time. People 30 miles from me got snow. :cry: You just never know.

With regard to the weather guys...:gunsfiring:

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

10am this morning and its 45 degrees with thunder,hail and heavy rain. i guess winter has taken a vacation.gotta love chicago weather.

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

That was one heck of a storm:dizzy:

5. oh yeah I love it when it gets to be 40 and all the snow melts and all the tv people are like oh it's nice outside and there's no snow and yippy it's not 20 degrees. Shut the F up and move to Fla. if you want that kinda of weather in the WINTER. That really pisses me off when i hear that. And the "no end in sight to the mild weather" damn, just shut the hell up. This damn rain ain't ever gonna end either.

6. EXCESSIVE FORCE

EXCESSIVE FORCE Junior Member

WELL SAID !!To the weatherman...:gunsfiring: :dizzy:

7. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Yes I agree also!!!! Need to go out and plow some snow. Lil lady is starting to drive me nuts!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

8. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

Sorry to go a little off topic here guys, but are you the same Lownrangr from pwctoday.com?? As for the weathermen (and women), they really have no clue as to what is gonna happen next, that's why I go to a tarot card reader!!:D (just kidding!! LOL!!)

9. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

yeah, this definately sucks. I had no problem taken a lil break around the Xmas and new year break, but this is gettn rediculous. On the 14th it will have been a month since I last plowed:realmad:

10. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

We set a new record today at 65 degrees! What the crap? I think i will put my plows up in storage and then maybe it will start snowing again?!

11. john-boy

john-boy Member

I agree c.t...seems everytime the plows are out the snow stays away!!

12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Towards the end of last season I was sick of it. Made some good $$$ but geeez, sure wish it would snow.