1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats with the track of tonites snow...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TLS, Jan 6, 2003.

1. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda like a big lake effect here in the Philly area. Not the normal West to East track. Green is just poping up coming from the Northwest.

I love these little 1" snows. Keep them coming! Tonite will likely just be a Salt only operation (even more $$/hr!!!)

Sure helps with the Xmas credit card bills that are just starting to roll in!!!

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we keep getting those little storms too. Sunday night got about 2 inches, and today they said flurries. Turned out we got about another 2 inches. We get a break tomorrow and then another little storm comes in with 1-3 inches, and then thursday another storm. Winter is definately making its presecence this year. I read where the computer models suggest a coastal storm next week with big snow again. time will tell.

3. WNY PAT

WNY PAT Member

Enough Already

I'm pulling for you guys who charge per push.. but up here in WNY... most guys do seasonal contracts. We've had a bunch of little 3, 4, 5 inch storms.... blah... just enough where I have to go out.... but not enough where people are calling or flagging me down for a one time clearing ($$$ :))..... i'll be happy if we get 2 more snowfalls... beyond that... BLAH!:waving:

4. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Nothing here on radar until Thursday night.

The nice thing would be if it held true, because they show snow for three days this week and weekend... I could only hope... Good luck to all...

:drinkup:

5. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Yep. I don't envy the weatherguy when he has to forecast lake effect. It's a guessing game. I wish we could get some SYSTEM snow here in MI instead of hit and miss lake effect. But, it does look good for the end of this week. It's gonna get chilly. Let's hope for a NW wind!

6. OffRoadPlow

Did you see, not that I can believe

Local weather just posted a 6 day snow forcast, the stretch starts on Thursday night in my area... How cool...

:nod:

7. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

I see snow everyday starting Thursday and not ending through the weekend. 3"-6" forecast for tomorrow night. I think winter is finally going to show up!

8. OffRoadPlow

We could only be that lucky...

Well SD, Wish you good results with those numbers. CH6 in Lansing was way under for most of the accum. predicts we had seen up until the last one, when they said 3-6 and it just dusted. We will see what we see, now it's off to find a new "used" mount for the snoway.:rolleyes: No dealers near me so it's going to phone calls and surfing....

Keep those fingers crossed, and get some rest tonight, who knows, maybe it will actually happen.

Later.

9. OffRoadPlow

Now it's 1-4"

Tell me that is not showing they are uncertain of what is going to happen. Thats less than 24 hours away too....:nod:

10. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

1-3" from 3-6" I'm still optimistic though. I hate waiting for snow. I figure it has to snow sometime with this coldfront rolling through.

11. OffRoadPlow

No kidding,,,,

You remeber back at some of the big ones,,, years ago,,, it was a cold front comming in that started them, and if I remeber right, there was always a prediction of less than 4"..... hmmmm :drinkup:

12. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Well, they changed it again. 1-3" today. 4-8" tonight. 4-8" tomorrow. Big improvement. I'm going to change the oil in the Superduty. She might get a workout!

I haven't plowed my route in so long that I'm gonna make a dry run and make sure the stakes are still there.

13. OffRoadPlow

Marquette is supposed to get 14 inches.. I would not mind a snowfall like that I just wish my primary plow was functional,,, It's just sitting in the Garage for almost a week now... UGH... I don't mind using the backup, but it's nothing like having a full 8' out in front. Anyway, of the 3 sites I check for local weather, all of them have taken down the accumulation predictions :realmad: ... One is now even saying flurries... who knows... they usually only take them down when the are either not sure or don't think there will be any... I will have to wait and see, they are still showing 6pm for the first fall to start, at least I may see some.. Good luck.