1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats with all CAPS? JUST STOP!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by columbiaplower, Jan 14, 2001.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

What is with these few guys using all caps? i and others find it VERY annoying. Why are they still doing it after repeatedly being asked to stop? i dont even read it if its in all caps. Why r u doing it? I think anyone who is asked more then once to stop should be banned. I mean nothing personal but its godda stop. I know u all agree with me.
    Just Stop and we wouldnt have a problem. it makes no sence to do it

-Nick

2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Ditto!!!

I agree wholeheartedly. Ban him!

3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

no i dont want to go that far i just want him to stop it

4. Dusty

Dusty Member

Since 9FT.PILES (the offender) is a guest, not a member, why not do what you do with a guest at your home that becomes obnoxious. Ask them to leave! Plain & simple. When reasoning doesn't work, then eviction does.

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

9 ft piles

i was talking to chuck and after i showed him e-mails i recieved belitteling me and calling me obcene names he talked to eric elm and as of 12:49 9 ft piles (she) cant come back or post, just passing it along,nate

6. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

I agree with you all.

7. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

just out of curiosity, what are the "levels" in this forum and how do you get to the next one?

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I find all caps a bit less annoying than some of these animated gifs that clutter some members signatures. You guys with DSL, cable and T1 dont understand but for dialup ISPs (some of us have no other options) they can bog down a session.

9. RB

RB Senior Member

I could care less if someone uses all caps or not. I concern myself with the content.

I really enjoy being a part of this discussion forum. I've been plowing only one year and I think this forum has enabled me to carry on intelligent conversations with folks that I have met and have been plowing forever.

THANX AGAIN!
    Ron

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Plowguy06

0 to 74 is Junior Member
    75 to 199 is Member
    Over 200 is a Senior Member
    Guest=Former Member
    A guest is someone that is no longer a member here. The posts still are there, but a guest can't post.

11. jaclawn

jaclawn Member

While all caps is annoying, I am equally annoyed by posts that don't capitilize the first word of a sentence, don't use 2 spaces after a period, and that use non standard abbrevations, ie. u r instead of typing you are. I am not saying that I am not guilty of this, or that the post is worthless, but I just find it equally as annoying as all caps.

I agree very much with thelawnguy on the animated gifs. Since the graphic must be stored on another server, my pc must access that server as well to continue loading the page past the animation. I have run into the situation where a page would load as far as the animated gif, and then stop. My screen command box would say that it was attempting to contact host ( where the animated gif) was stored, and sometimes that host is slow or down, and I cannot load the page past that point. The same can happen for a regular pic. VERY ANNOYING. I know of at least one person that does not visit or participate in this site because his pc is old, and cannot handle the large graphics or animations.

Another point, they are hard on the eyes of some of the seeing impared.

12. MJ

MJ Senior Member

Jaclawn, I was surprised, then puzzled, by your comment of being annoyed by not having double spaces following the end of a sentence. This is something I would not except from someone besides an English or Journalism major. More surprising, though, you yourself then didn't use double spaces. By the way, there are also several spelling and grammatical errors in your post. Your point is well taken regarding the difficulties of some computers not being able to handle graphics. I have the same problems, but attribute them to my equipment. I wouldn't expect others not to use their equipment's capabiliity, though.

Mick

13. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

As i said previously,i'm french, so, I'm probably the one who makes the most error per post.But the facts are that we are more concern about "the beverage than the bottle". Don't to forget to treat others like you wanna be treated: in respect !

BTW, like a dog running for is tail, Cpu and isp raise their performances...so software add design and colours and web site use more gif, picture, baner, shockwave and macomedia plug-in to get them more attractive. so internet isn't faster than few years ago using broadband.

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 01-15-2001 at 12:49 PM]

14. MJ

MJ Senior Member

I agree completely, 4seasons

Mick

15. MJ

MJ Senior Member

I meant that we should be more concerned with the message. No insult intended, 4seasons.

Mick

16. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I get annoyed by people that talk with their mouth full.

Does that count ??

Any of you doing that while typing.... STOP. Please.

17. Iceman

Iceman Member

I have found this MB to be very informative and like it quite well. I can live with a few quirks.
    When I remember, I use spell check. Sorry if I forget.
    As for caps, I see no big deal.
    As for animated signitures, I think there cool.(most of them).

18. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

I also think this is a great site and we should really focus more on content because that is what we are here for, to give advice.

19. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I enjoy 4 seasons posts. Does anyone else's inner dialogue carry a French accent when you read them?

20. Sammy

Sammy Member

John, I am sorry. Its just that I like popcorn........