1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats ur oppinion on Meyer 7.5' poly plow w/MDII attachment and E-60 pump

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rico6161, Nov 15, 2009.

1. rico6161

rico6161 Junior Member

Hi ppl,

New here and looking for a plow for my 03 F250. I had a Meyers classic 7.5 with E-47 for yrs and yrs. Up grade my truck now looking for a newer plow Got 3000.00 to spend (have a wtb ad on here too).

I found a Meyer 7.5' poly plow w/MDII attachment and E-60 pump for 2000.00 pictures look nice. Talk to 2 local guys that also plow, both told me they had nothing but problems with th E-60 pumps. Both want out and bought westerns..

Whats your oppinion on this?

I read though alot of threads here for advice! I have Meyer, Snow way, and Western for deales around me. So I want to pick one of them, incase i need a quick part.

Thanks Guys!!!

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

The oly problem I ever had with the e-60 is the motors didnt last ral long. And I plowed with Meyers for years and they have there share of issues and that why my new plow is a Western pro plus.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have ran meyers for 12 years and they still make me money and I wont complain, But you need to keep up with them and I also have a full backup plow for my truck just in case. And just in case does happen.

4. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

u can buy meyers parts in every autozone, advanced auto parts, oriely's and sooo on

5. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

This is a good indication to stay away.:laughing: I used to run Meyer, I used to carry all kinds of spare parts, extra pump, tools, ect... It seemed to ALWAYS break down for some reason, usually electrical.

I switched to Boss (which has dealers in Cleveland) and only carry 2 hoses, fluid and wrenches to change hoses. Last season not 1 breakdown! Season before that I had to put a motor in it, but then plow is 8yrs old. 2 days ago I hook up to plow and... it actually works after sitting all summer! Unlike the yellow plow. I went from:realmad: to payup and now when I see one of those plows hanging off the front of a truck i just :laughing:

6. Burkartsplow

now when I see one of those plows hanging off the front of a truck i just :laughing:[/QUO

You may laugh but those yellow plows still make me a lot of payup. I will phase them out one day but for now I just keep the extra pump and parts with me and keep on plowing :salute:.

7. Burkartsplow

What part of cleveland are you in?

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

a set or wrenches and a big hammer and ull be fine

9. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

In Orange Village
    Plow in Beachwood, Chagrin Falls, Orange Village, Solon