1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats up with the wings?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Peterbilt, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I ordered my new EX90 with the new Snow Dog wings about 2 months ago. I payed for and picked the plow up last friday, but no wings were with the plow. I was told that the wings were ready to go and would be with my new plow when I ordered them, but now I am waiting for something thats back ordered.

Boss pulls this stuff all the time, but its usually during the winter when they are busy with late orders.

I bought the Snowdog because I liked the size, build and price of it, but the way the new wings work was the big seller. I guess I want to know if these wings are a reality, or if they were just for show at the SIMA show in June.

I also bought a new Salt Dogg, 4CY poly spreader. Its came in with in 2 business days, and looks good as well

Any help out there?

J.

For the record. The plow looks bad AZZ!! all set up, and appears to look like it will really move some snow. Just have to wait for it now.

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Congrats on the salt dogg, what will it be placed on? got pics?
    Trying to find photo of the unit..best of luck we have 2 yd. salts; they are good units so far!

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

No pics yet. Its going on an 03 F350 4x4 dump. This set up will be taking care of a few bigger HOAs. Once we get it all set up, it will have a wet system as well as the 4yd.

It should be a pretty bad azz plow rig when its done.

J.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The wings are being built RIGHT NOW (seriously). They are a new product, and it takes a while to ramp up, but they are real, and they will be on their way shortly. If you think the plow looks nice, wait until you add the wings. I think you'll be pleased.

Regards,
    Scott Moorman
    Director of Engineering
    BPC / SnowDogg

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Thank you Scott

I think your product will sell itself once more people see them in action.

And Like I said above. It was the wing design that really sold me.

If all goes well with this unit, once I start trading off trucks and plows next year. I am thinking about going with all buyers and that will be 6 of them.

I hope the wings get here in the next week or so. I hat worring about stupid little things, I guess its my OCD. Lol

J.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

is there any pictures floating roudn of the wings

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

The wings look just like BOSS wings, but stainless instead of poly.

But the best part is they fold back for transport or for heavy windrowing (where wings plug up). The boss twists and slide out for removal and installation. Which pushes alot of snow, but sucks while taking them off for transport while out in the cold. BOSS wings are also heavy, making this even harder to do when throwing them into the back of a tonner dump truck.

Don't get me wrong the boss wings are awesome, but can be a pain in the but to deal with.

J.

8. Rhyno6

Rhyno6 Junior Member

wings

Does anyone know if the wings will be available for the Snow Dogg V-plows? Scott are you able to weigh in on this please?

9. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

I've got the EX80 ... was looking for wings myself when i bought it but was told they wouldn't be out till late fall, so i never got specifics. Mind if i ask what you paid for em?

10. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

No V-wings yet, but they are on the short list for next season.

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I think it was something like $400 give or take.

Compare that to the boss wings at $700+

J.

12. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Thanks, think i'll look into those...

13. CTCNY

CTCNY Junior Member

HD wings

Scott,
    I'm waiting for wings for a 7.5 HD are they also being built at this time.

Thanks Larry

14. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Yes they are. Right behind the EX's

15. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

anyone know of a place to get these online yet?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  16. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

That's funny. Do I sense a pattern developing here?

17. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Maybe you should take a look at the wings before you comment. As far as a "pattern", have you ever actually looked at a SnowDogg plow next to a Boss? Not a lot of similarities, other than the fact that they both push snow. Busted:eek:

Theo - do you have recommendations on what a plow wing should look like, if not a scooped extension of the existing moldboard profile? That's pretty much the similarity being referred to.

18. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Wings are the things

Hey guys I wont plow with out wings its just about a waste of time, greatest idea since the wheel, I have been plowing for A long time, but since igot wings life is great.:angel: