1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats up with the upper mid west weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Brian Young, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Areas like Minn. Wisc. They had a terrible spring, summer and now fall weather. The Farmer's almanac says these areas are supposed to get a lot of snow this year and every major storm system has seem to go that way this year.

2. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

We have been fighting the weather since last fall. We got so much rain here (SE MN) that we worked in mud all fall and kept going until the first snow of the year, which ended up being close to a foot. We have been paying financial catch-up ever since. Spring started good, and our retail was strong, until all the rain started in June. Now we have gotten over 4" of rain in the past day and a half and things are flooding. You just cant win against mother nature. I havent heard much about what is excpected for snow here, but one guy I talked to heard we are supposed to get a lot. Time will tell.

3. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

If this past year is any prediction to this winter, it is going to be a bad one! Every report I read says 'above average snowfall'. It does seem like all the major storm systems keep coming through there. Not so good for the farmers in this area.