1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats up with some Dealers?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hydro_37, Aug 26, 2008.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Just a note to whoever it may concern. The "new" dealer in Mason City, Iowa and some of the other dealers business' I have seen have NO signs or equipment outside. I drove past the Mason City "dealers" store 2 times before I actually found it. NO signs and nothing outside but alot of OLD trucks with meyers plows on them. Not a good sign when you are looking for a GOOD product or service. Now I am driving 80 miles to look for another dealer who hopefully has what the Sno-Way website says he has. The Mason City dealer has NO plows or sanders that I could see.

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

haha yeah i have a big meyer sign outside... and were no even direct with them anymore...
    i have two shop truck out side with snoway plows but no signs..
    hmmmmmm tom? why dont you answer that why i have no snoway signs outside?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Com'n on Tom hook the dude up. I have some nice stainless signs my DSm got me:p hanging right next to the meyer sign,:nod:. Oh they billed my account $60.00@:angry:LOL but they are nice, match the catalog holders

Could be we waited to have his stuff sent in the second wave of preseason shipping ? the first ship date's not till 9/15, so if you want to see a revolution don't take your drive yet. :nono:

Everything but the last sentence above is a supposition. I agree with you that dealerships should be clearly marked and stock PARTS. If you have a sub-dealer in 24 hours shipping range of a larger dealer I can understand him not stocking complete units. Parts should be on the shelf, you can't wait for the common maintenance and repair stuff.

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

They don't fit in the overhead bins on the planes Nick. :rolleyes:

I know that there is one there someplace, Mike ordered it along with the lighted sign, literature holders, and banners. If you need more signage open your sales & marketing book and fill out the form and fax it in. I will let Kim know so that she is ready to send it on it's way. :waving:

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

oh i have had those for a couple years they are in my show room... lol so i guess i need another one!

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

This guy has been on the Sn-Way site as a dealer since last year. The building he has isnt big enough to hold snowplows, parts and have a service area. Heck....the building looks like it is about to fall over. I will try to get back over and take a picture. Not trying to bash Sno-Way at all. I will always use Sno-Way's and cannont say enough good about them. Just have concerns whenThe last dealer here was never open and stocked no parts either.

he is the last dealer on the list....... http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=53921

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah I'm with you, see it with all the brands:nod: "broker" dealers who's entire inventory is a sign and two brochures.