1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's up with Savik?

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by Doin_It, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

So for the past 5/6 years we've run 4, 10' rubber edge Protech's on skid-steers. I see there is some great company "propaganda" on Protech's web site about the Savick. Some nice video's............then that's it. No discussion, etc. There was a promise that they would provide info from those that tested the prototypes.....but that was last year, nothing yet on that promise.

I'm interested in hearing about these as we're looking to buy 2 or 3 trip edge units for next year, from one of the manufactures. We've had good luck with our Protech's (not much to really go wrong is there, with a steel box, though we never got the 4 block heaters we we're suppose to, to go along with them)

Would be nice to know if they've even sold any of these puppies? Does anyone know the price on 8's and 10's? I can't imagine they'd be in that $6000 range as per the competition as they have way less "technology" going on in the the back.

Anyone running these?
  2. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

We are currently in the process of collecting feedback from customers that are running the Savik this season. Testing was conducted with a small group of customers last season that ran prototypes but unfortunately snow events weren't as plentiful as they are this season. Pricing is comparable with other competitive plows on the market depending on the desired connection and technology option. You can get pricing and customize your Savik at http://savikusa.com/Products/ERG.aspx.

Another trip edge option is our Steel Edge IST Sno Pusher. Updates to this model were made last year and include a poly suspension, pivoting wear shoe, 24" cutting edge sections, and a longer cutting edge. All of these features help the edge contour to the surface and scrape more effectively. You can see a video of that unit here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnGXNuF7ZQ

If you are not getting a response on here, please call us and we can put you in touch with customers using both of these models this season.
  3. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Any chance I could get 2 or 3 phone numbers and call people using these's myself. I'm quoting new yearly contracts and saying sectionals are the future and we'll be buying, adding and replacing our old Protech's with the latest in the industry and yet I can't get real time reactions/results. Thanks. Feel free to PM me.
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Feel free to call me. I beat the crap out of one for the last two seasons. Used it AGAINST directions for gravel road repairs for the last two summers in a gravel pit.

Honestly nothing compares to the quality of the scraping ability. The electronic interface tells how much pressure and the attack angle of the unit and makes it a dream to run. 8' units on track skidders and 8' plus units on loaders and you won't go wrong. If you don't want to go with the Savik then the new 2' section cutting edge IST with or without the electronic interface ( not offered in catalog you have to ask Mike G for the package ) and you're on the right track.

If you don't get me leave a message as I'm probably grading a road with the Savik.