1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats up!?it's been a long time!! My new (to me) little plow truck..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Nascar Fan, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

1999 Dakota 5.2 v8 auto 3.92 gear. Curtis Snow-pro 3000.....now just need some snow to push to see what breaks....

I just put the plow on so I will get more pics when I go out plowing tomorrow....

Dakota Pics 001.jpg

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sno-pro 3000, or home-pro 3000???

3. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Sno-Pro,I just looked at it to check.It's a poly type blade and cutting edge.

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice truck. The light bar goes good with it.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My neighbor just bought a Dodge Dakota with a 7' Fisher MM. I haven't sean him since he got it. I will have to ask him how he likes it.

6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Nice, that thing should do you very well. Quick question, and I'm not sure with your local laws, but are the blue strobes reserved for police/ambulance vehicles? Never know what kind of local government will come and slap you with a ticket. Just watching out for you, good luck and let it snow!

7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

In NY blue is used on personal vehicles of volly ff's.

8. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Blue strobes are for volunteer firefighters.New York is one of the last holdouts to use Red lights on emergency vehicles.Ambulances,police and fire all use red lights.The blue lights are only a courtesy light-in other words people do not have to yeild,pull over ect to a blue light.Btw,Thanks for looking out anyways.Yeah it's supposed to snow early A.M. tomorrow so we shall see how it pushes.The forecast has been upped twice now soit really sounds like a guessing game...........Be safe everyone....

9. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I really like the truck.I am honestly suprised to sometimes hear people say they like the light on the truck.

I have some tweaking to do to it this spring.I want to replace the front fender and I am thinking I am going to modify my intake manifold.It has the stock "kegger" on it and I want to experiment with something on it.I will probably end up putting a set of shorty headers on it.this is all based on how well it does this winter.Heres to a great season to everyone!!!!

10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Ok, in Minnesota it's amber. We have up to a foot in the forecast for tomorrow, so I'm ready!

11. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Around here the police are starting to display both red and blue in the same light bar.
    BTW, my Home Pro only says Sno Pro on it. Nowhere does it state Home Pro but it really is according to Curtis.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  12. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Really!?? I am glad to know that...I wonder if anything is different between the Home Pro and the Sno-Pro other than maybe the blade material and width??I.E. harness,controls ect ect.Thanks for the info.

13. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

14. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice lookin kota:nod: but we wanna see pics with the plow on :rolleyes:

15. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Yeah I know....you guys just wanna stare at other guys stuff getting dirty.....LOL.sounds like I will be pushing tomorrow.I will try for some action pics.What started out as 2-4 in @ 5:30 this morning,is now 6-9 @6:30 tonight according to the news.

16. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I doubt you'll break anything they have half ton running gear for the drivetrain and are perfect for driveways

17. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

Had a 92 Dakota with a 5.2 in it. Never plowed but def put some money into the motor. Replace the "keggar" intake manifold with the M1 intake, get some PPH shorty headers if you can still find a set, put a throttle body on it, change out the cam and put in some 1.7 rollor rockers. I had that plus a lot more (heads, pistons, crank, etc.) Those trucks can be powerhouses if you really sink a little bit of coin into the motors.

18. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I only had a chance to get a couple pics.It started snowing the snow totals were "upped" a bit and my cell phone was crazy with calls.I made out really well and the truck was great.

Firehouse Tables 003.jpg

19. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I am trying to upload a diff pics keeps failing....I will figure it out

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  20. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Home for the night.

Firehouse Tables 002.jpg