1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's up Cpw???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 31, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I think this is week #4 ive waited for all my parts to come in from CPW.....most of them came within a week and i was relatively pleased. However, now, i still havn't gotten my two angle cylinders. It's not like they are just on backorder, but i'm getting lied to constantly. Called last week wondered where the hell they were.."oh we just got them in, they will be shipped thursday" Thursday rolls around and still no tracking number or confirmation email, i call them friday..."they shipped yesterday, i don't know why you didn't get the email, you should get them monday".....Monday, no friggin rams "oh sorry, they should be there tomorrow (tuesday) at the latest".......yesterday, STILL NO RAMS, call again "oh, these are still on backorder and we havn't gotten them here yet" WWWWHHHHHAAATTTT??? then he says "i'll call the distributor and call you back" NO CALL BACK!!!!

This is absolute BS, i'm trying to finish this plow before cleanups get here because we all know how busy that time of the year is and how usually the last cleanup is being done as it's snowing out, ide think these guys would understand that too, i guess not. Such simple things as angle cylinders (not some funky specialty part like a small pump part or something), and they can't get it to me, it's really pissin' me off now!!!

Oh and on top of all this, they didn't ship me one of the pins for the connecting the trip edge to the main blade or one of the pins to connect the lift arm to the headgear, the guy said he wrote a note to include them in the package with my cylinders but the odds of that happening are slim to none......this is so pathetic

Sorry for the rant, but considering these guys are sponsors on here, i expected A LOT better.... If any of you guys out there are using them, i sure hope you are getting better service than I am.

*as a note, i'm writing this kinda pissed off, however i never once raised my voice or sounded at all "angry" to the point of being disrespectful or mean on the phone with CPW.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

wow that really sucks especially since you depend on those parts to keep your business running. i def wont be buying parts from them in the future if there service is that horrible.
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear that Mike- hope they get you your cylinders soon- I want to see pics of the finished product!
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I dunno, I've always had good luck with CPW - just ordered two plows from them..................
  5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah that really sux but i havent had an issue with them either, although I live close enough that its only a 30 min drive away for me so i have never ordered, I just stop in.

You are having a similar experiance that I had with strobes n more. Everyone talks about how great they are and then when you order nothing is right. Ill never order from strobes n more again. I hope they get you your parts quick!
  6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Strobes n more told me it'd be a week at least before some 20' cables came in before they could ship an order - but three days later a box showed up with everything I ordered.....

Angelos one time messed up an order but got it right ten times, no problems here.

I think at times some of these companies could use better service and you wouldn't see these complaints. Sure you want parts tomorrow but if they can't get them and communicate that to you, that's the key, communicate, 9 times outa 10, people'd be AOK with that and understanding.
  7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Never once had a problem with them, very friendly people. Throwing a hissy fit on here is silly. If you need the parts right away, just cancell the order and go to someone else. Problem solved.
  8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That stinks. Sounds like the cable I have been waiting for my mower, I am at 2.5 weeks! I deffinetly can't wait to see pics!
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

It's not a hissy fit....it's that i was flat out lied to by several people that gets to me

Anyway, they finally got shipped out today, hopefully to be here monday
  10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

framer how long it take to get the plows in
  11. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

They haven't shipped yet but - they are waiting on a mount for one of them and I want it all shipped together.