1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats truck worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ProSno, Dec 15, 2001.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

I have an 88 ford f-450 with a dump body-tool box-8 ft fisher elect/hydrolic plow and also an airflow 8 ft sander. the whole package is in rather decent shape-Whats it worth if I put it up for sale. Thanks for your input.:confused:

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Being an 88,2wd,the value here would be in the area of 7500-10000,if it was mint,and had a strong,dry diesel.You didnt say if it was a 460,or diesel,standard or auto.The 460 powered trucks are worth much less than a diesel,here anyway.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I saw one in the Bargain News this week, much like you describe for 15K. I think that is overpriced, the truck is worth about 7-8K, add 3K for plow and sander if they look and run decent.
    Dino

4. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Thanks alot guys, the truck is a diesel and it is in pretty good shape the sander is a little tired but will make it another couple of years. I am just looking at the fact that if I keep it the costs for repairs will start mounting. If I sell it now I should still be able to get a good dollar for it. Truck plows incredible with a full sander. I have never gotten stuck yet. Truck has 5.16 gears. Well I'll put it in the paper for $11,000.00 and see what I can get. Thanks again.