1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats to long to plow with

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by irocz600hp, Nov 19, 2003.

1. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

Do u guys think a extended cab full bed is to long to plow with.

2. Mac

Mac Member

Depends
    What type of plowing will you be doing?

3. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

couple of driveways 1 big parking lot

4. Mac

Mac Member

I think it would do just fine.

5. sodzilla

sodzilla Junior Member

I know a guy that plows with a crew cab dually and he never seems to have a problem. He mostly plows small parking lots.

6. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

I use a long bed ext cab... In the parking lot it is fine. I would like to go a little shorter, but I am used to it, and it works well.

7. Manx

Manx Senior Member

Works for me
    02 F250 SC long bed

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i dont think it'll be to much of a problem once you get used to plowing with the truck:)

9. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

I used to have a 89 f250 super cab with an 8' bed standard shift... The turning radius was awful and I hated plowing with it. Now I have a 1999 GMC 2500 xtra cab with 8' bed... this truck is longer but the turning radius is tighter and it fits most places just fine.

10. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

My father has a plow on his 2000 F-350 PSD, 6 spd, 4X4, CC, dually. He loves it, I have plow with it a couple of times, it is not as bad as what I thought it would be. He uses it for big drives and parking lots, for the small stuff he uses either the Jeep Wrangler, his old work truck, a 84 F-250, or one of his Bobcats. I am now debating putting a plow on my 99 F-350.

11. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

We have 1 extended cab F-250 with the 8' bed, 2 reg cabs with the 8" bed. The extended cab is fine for the parking lots, I'd be a little cautious if I had to plow a driveway. It's a little hard to turn around in confined spaces. The reg cabs are just fine. I know a guy with a crew cab and 8' bed, he does driveways..... They must be all straight with lots of room at the ends.:cool: