1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats this worth!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by baddboygeorge, Apr 8, 2003.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

an airflo v box that i think is 8 or 10 foot long has a 5 horse motor an in decent shape its 5 years old an a meyer max plow with e-47 pump the plow is 7.5 i think but it mite be 8 foot , whats this worth . let me know quick guy is hurting for money an needs to move quick thanks

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Does the motor run on the Air Flo? Are you sure it's a 5HP? 8HP is more common. I doubt it is a 10' unit, but it makes a big difference in price if it is. How is the drag chain on the spreader? Is it locked up? Does the spinner move freely?

How is the cutting edge on the plow? Is the plow rusty? Does it come with a vehicle mount and wiring harness? All of these questions make a big difference in price. If both the plow and spreader are about 5 years old, considering you don't get THAT much snow there, I would guess between $1000 - $2000+ for both units combined would be a good price. I know, a broad range, but hard to say sight unseen. If both look brand new (so to speak) and the plow comes with a vehicle harness that YOU can use, and a vehicle mount YOU can use, then maybe even as much as $2500 for both. Then again, the guy may be looking for $1500 for the salter alone....

~Chuck

3. baddboygeorge

Chuck Smith

thanks for the help the spreader is a little rusty but not where it has holes eaten into it or anything just surface rust an the drag chain is brand new cause this past year when he went to get salt the salt company had rock in there salt an the rocks busted the chain so they bought a new chain for the unit an some other odds an ends . the plow has all the wiring an mount an its in great shape . he wants 1500 for it all but i am gonna offer him 1000 either he takes it or i can live without it!! thanks again chuck

4. tileman

tileman Member

Sounds like the deal of the week to me. Most Meyers and Western in this part of the county sell for around $1500. (good to better shape) If you can use it, then do it. For that money and a spreader too! :D

Tileman

5. baddboygeorge

tileman

it is a good deal an besides i need another plow/ salt rig an i'll be upgrading to this v box rite now all i have are the tailgate spreaders think this v box will make salting easier on us!!

6. tileman

tileman Member

One thing for sure even if you have to spend a little money on eather peace you still can't go wrong. With all the ice Norther Ky had this past year you will love a v box over the tailgate spreader.

Tileman