1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats this worth?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Squires, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Squires

Squires Senior Member

2003 150,000km's or around 93000 miles lariat its a diesel, but im unsure if its the 6.0 or 7.3, apparantly both were available in 2003?
    asking price is $17,000 and its the 7.5 boss V
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. m.williams

m.williams Member

take it to a car wash and put the full service into it, more likely to sell that way, and i'd say that price is fair.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think he is looking to buy the truck not sell it.

Just my guess but he doesn't know what engine is in it.
  4. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Look over the motor for corrosion. Look over the rear diff for leaks. Look over the oil pan for holes. Etc.
  5. jmansfield1801

jmansfield1801 Junior Member

i wouldnt give anything over 15,000 for it the way the truck market is you should look around befor ya make your mind
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I just bougt a 04 f250 fx4 6.0 diesel with a new hiniker plow.

They were asking 24900. on the sticker....I said 15,500...They said deal..Out the door for 16,433.

My honest opinion on that truck your looking at is...Get the VIN number and run an OASIS report on the vehicle...this report will tell what when and why it went in for any recalls, tranny, or engine work, and everthing dealer related. It's a dealer report, every Ford dealer has these.

If you need help getting a OASIS report...send me your email address in a PM and I will help you get this report.

Note...this is not a carfax...much more detail involved here.
  7. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

I agree, the truck market is in the tank. I would look around and even if you find a truck without a plow, you may be able to pick 1 up cheap enough and then you could find a plow the same way. That would also allow you to look for a little bigger plow to. Good luck!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I'm not a big Ford guy but wouldn't the 7.3 still have the badge on the fender and the 6.0's had it on the door? My guess is it's the 6.0 but I could be wrong, theres a first for everything:D
  9. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

It is a 6.0, the markers in the mirrors and the diesel badge is chrome. I wouldn't touch it w/o an oaisis report. The only 7.3's that had the badge on the front fender were the early '99's.
  10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I will sell you the same truck...only difference is that it's a 99 and has a V10, auto, 9'2" Boss RT3 Smart Hitch II , 77k. I only want $15k and I'd be willing to meet you half way.
  11. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Shop around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I know its a truck and not a tractor but a used tractor I was looking at was asking 13500 I said 5500. it needs work (Dealer said. after a couple of days )DEAL!!!!!!
  12. m.williams

m.williams Member

its the 7.3
  13. Squires

Squires Senior Member

I went by the place selling it today to have a closer look, not open. Its forsale at a vehicle moving company. Havn't been able to look under the hood or drive it. Its in the range for the blackbook value and thats why im unsure of the motor, 7.3 vs 6.0 because according to that they were both available that year.
    This oasis report, that available in the US and Canada? A friend from high school is a salesman at a local dealer so i could have him run the report i guess.

So you guys think its too much? Truck sales here are still pretty strong some used dealers are selling 06 3/4 ton diesels for close to $35,000 - $40,000
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  14. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Its a 6.0l. Get an oasis. 6.0l are great motors, but they are hit or miss in 2003, an 2004.
  15. Squires

Squires Senior Member

what am i looking for in the report to tell if its one of the problem ones or not? Are there specific things or is it just to avoid a truck with a endless report of problems
  16. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Wrong. Unless someone went through the trouble converting it to the mirrors with the markers in them and the chrome badge of the 6.0 there is no way its the 7.3. None of the 7.3's came stock with the chrome badge or mirrors like this truck.
  17. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

yea its a 6.0l, the 7.3l were black with chrome lettering where as the 6.0l are chrome is black/red lettering.

I wouldn't buy it. For one thing its the first year of the 6.0l which is not a good year to say the least. You dont have a warranty on the engine anymore either. If it was a 7.3l i would say go for it but id offer probably a little less. I would walk away from this one though. With the truck market being crappy you can find some really nice deals on 2005+ vehicals with less miles.
  18. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

Start looking off of Newfoundland!! The market over there is always high. A dealer here on PEI has a 08 reg cab duramax, windows, locks..... etc with the all important rubber floor. retail was $52800 . They used it to plow their own lot and as a parts delivery truck, 17000 kms on it, now for $35000.Do the math. They took off $1 for every km they put on the truck;)
  19. Squires

Squires Senior Member

i hear you about looking off of the island, but it gets expensive then as well not being able to see something without the travel costs to only come accross a junker that looks nice in pics.
    There is the same such truck here locally
    07 d-max with plow, 33,000 km's for $33,900
  20. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

As I say to a buddy of mine from St John's, Your from Newfoundland!!
    I'm from "THE ISLAND" remember if we didn't let you into Canada in 49 you still would be bowing to the Queen every morning at work!!tymusic