1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats this wire?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dryfly2, Feb 19, 2006.

1. dryfly2

dryfly2 Junior Member

hi,im new to the forum.pulled down my headliner to install a set of clearance lts,and noticed a 8 pin plug taped to the roof? any insight?

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Should be a 2 wire taped up. It is the power for your outside add on plow light on trucks with a plow package. If you have a push switch near the airbag shutoff on the dash, it is pre-wired for a safety strobe light.

3. dryfly2

dryfly2 Junior Member

i located the two wire for the plow lights,but there was an additional 8 or ten pin plug taped towards the front.

4. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

If you have the base truck (without the overhead console) those would be the wires for the console map lights, power for the mirrors self dimming/compass/temperature functions. I think on-star stuff plugs in up there also.

5. dryfly2

dryfly2 Junior Member

thank you, im sure your right.