1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's this truck worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MSC, Dec 4, 2004.

1. MSC

MSC Member

I have a 1985 F350 p/u 6.9 diesel 4 sp standard.
    It is a 4x4 with a 9' fisher on it, 102k on it
    The truck runs great, and pushes like a son of a gun.
    I put it in the classified for $2300.00
    My question is, is this the right money to ask for this truck?
    Rich

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

For 102K miles it sounds like a pretty good price to me but everything costs more up here so it would be hard for me to judge. If it doesn't sell you might have it priced a little high for your area and if you get 30 calls and the first guy there buys it you will know you had it priced too cheap. Good luck on the sale..

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I would say for age of truck price is okay but if body is real good it should bring more. For that amount though I would keep it for a spare unless youare getting out of the bussiness.

4. Premeirland should buy this one, to add to his collection :drinkup:

5. MSC

MSC Member

The only reason I am selling it is I have too many trucks now, and would like to sell it before it sits too long.
    It was never a spare truck, and hate to let things sit around. I am going to get a new truck and it seems I'm running out of room in the yard, so something has to go.

Rich

6. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

put it in a parkinglot on a main road the first time it snows and I bet you get $3000 for it

$2300 sounds good without seeing it .

7. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Yes wait for a big snow then put a forsale sign on it with a higher price tag too.