1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats this truck worth?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CashinH&P, Oct 16, 2014.

1. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

2004 Chevy 1500 KBB and NADA say around $6500 in fair condition. 155k miles dings and dents as its been a work for for few years now. Currently has a blown power steering hose, drivers side door handle is broken and a quarter sized rust hole in the passenger side rocker panel. Considering selling to up grade to a second 1 ton

2. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Def fix the power steering and door handle to get anything close to that, most people would walk away.

Maybe check and see what a dealer could offer on a trade in (you don't have to trade in for brand new)
  3. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Should have worded the question better. Whats it worth in this condition?
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

IMO, that is a $3000 truck as it sits. But that is only my opinion.
  5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

X2, at best.
  6. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

I'd give you 2k
  7. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Thanks for the replays guys. Thats what I figured. Now to decide if I should fix it and run it, fix it, and sell it, or sell it as is. Just had an offer for $3500 as I have it listed on cl for 4K.
  8. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I agree around 3k and that is assuming it is a 5.3.