1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats this truck worth?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Feb 3, 2012.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Realistically whats this truck worth?? Its a 2000 Ford Super Duty F-250 XLT.Mileage: 132,100 miles,: 7.3L powerstroke.
  2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

$9 - $11,000
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Exactly what I was gonna say^^^
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's got the gay flipper mirrors, so something like $7.35 and a 12 pack.

Check and see if the wheel wells on the bed show any signs of rust, also check the oil pan for rust, the cab corners, and bottoms of the doors.
  5. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Appears to already be some forming above the rear wheel well in the first picture.
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That's what I was thinking too.

And if they aren't rusting yet, just wait. They will.
  7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

its a shortbed, its worth scrap value
  8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks pretty clean, I think closer to the $11K being a 7.3.
  9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

The 7.3 are great the problem is the rest of the truck, oil pan transmission and rust
    Truck looks clean but it is 12 years old I paid $32000 in 2003 for my old 7.3 fully loaded and the plow. Me I would not go higher than $9000
    I know some think more that is why I said upto $11000 but the older lets sat 2005 and up 6.0 engines are great as well and they are on newer trucks
  10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Yeah I owned an 03 6.0 it was a nightmare I own 6 6.0 not a problem my last 7.3 will be up for sale this spring
  11. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The dealer is asking 9995$.
  12. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

be careful that place buys vehicles @ auction, waxes them and flips them. they have in-house body shop and mechanics to put bandaids on stuff. I looked at a chevy up there a couple months ago.
  13. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Great truck, will plow a lot of snow. Replica of mine, just give the trucks it balls back if you buy it by putting some tow mirrors on it !!!
  14. bryanlaprad

bryanlaprad Junior Member

i actually went down to that same dealer and looked at a truck. those people are animals. like it was mentioned, they buy, patch up, and flip vehicles like its going out of style. they had an 02, regular cab, f350 for sale, 80,000 miles and wanted 15 grand. "mint condition". i called them and made an appointment to look at the truck on a saturday and drive it, etc. i called them before i left because it was an hour and a half drive just to confirm the truck was still availible and accounted for. the guy said everything was good. drive down there and as im pulling in the salesman calls me saying that the truck was gone to the body shop and couldnt be seen....the whole time i was there talking to them about different trucks they had the place just gave me a bad vibe...they were supposed to call me back when the truck was ready from the "body shop" and never did....i have a friend with a similar story from them when he was going to buy a car for his girl friend....just be careful there...
  15. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

ive looked at them online also....i got a weird feeling about tehm when they had some awsome " looking " trucks with great prices.....if it is too good to be true it probably is....
  16. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

7-8K, unless the frame and body are PERFECT.
  17. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

FYI stay away from that place! they are bad! i know from expierance.
  18. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like my deal, called about a truck. they said they could not find it. they looked for day and still did not find it. they called the next day said it was hit on the lot and in body shop. i had to send them 1k to hold the truck (this was before they told me that it was in the body shop) and then they would not even return the money!. lucky got the money back from them.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

So does every other used car dealer in the US unfortunetly