1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's this thing do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSeasons, Dec 26, 2001.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

That's a backdrag blade, intended to make plows that DON'T have downpressure pull snow out of blind corners almost as good as those that DO.
  3. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

"DOWN PRESSURE" on western uni-mount

i have tried a back blade something similar to this,( the picture in the web site you listed)but with not great success. i plow 95% driveways WITHOUT a back blade and it stinks. i wanted a back blade but would make it very difficult to manuever. (i plow with a longbed p/u w/ a western uni-mount 7 1/2 pro. i designed "DOWN PRESSURE" using the oem uni-mount hydraulics. i added a hyd. ram,switch and valve body, everything works off of the original hydraulics, so it is quite simple to operate. the magic is the electronic valvebody i designed to make it work. it also has an adjustable pressure relief valve so you dont "break" things. i have used it for 2 seasons w/o breaking anything. i would be intersted in trying the back blade listed in the web site, it doesnt hurt to try. happy holidays, PT.
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I need to backblade a few acounts,and last year i put a U-edge on my 7 1/2 Western unimount,(thanks Dino)The backblading improved 100% after that.When i bought the U -edge,I didnt know that it would backblade so good,it really helps.so if you want to backblade,try a U edge.
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The better back dragging ability was something that we found after the fact. We didnt know it would help when we first bought u edges, but it does help a great deal. In fact you can actually shave ice backblading with teh u edges. I had driveway apron that was plowed in with slush, and then froze. After going over it about 6 times or so, the u edge scraped all the frozen slush right off.