1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats this plow worth?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by cosmo, Jul 9, 2010.

1. cosmo

cosmo Junior Member

Hello,

What do you guy's think this plow is worth? Someone is selling it nearby, According to him everything is in excellent working condition, The plow is a Meyers 6.5. Not sure how old it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_9359.JPG

IMG_9360.JPG

IMG_9362.JPG

IMG_9366.JPG

IMG_9367.JPG

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you mounting it on a pre 1995 Jeep Wrangler?

3. cosmo

cosmo Junior Member

No, I have a 2002 Wrangler.

4. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

What does the guy want for the setup? Does it come with all the wiring and controller?

5. cosmo

cosmo Junior Member

He ia asking $1200 for it. complete setup. Althought it is coming of a pre 95 Jeep and I will be looking to put it on a 2002 Wrangler, Not sure if I need new mount or have to do any Mods????

6. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

To me I think $1200 is to much. Maybe if it was the new style tube mount then it would be a decent price.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8. cosmo

cosmo Junior Member

Thanks for the info. greatly appreciated

9. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I think you can use 95% of that setup. You need to add $100 to a friend with a welder, but these Jeep mounts are so basic, it's nothing to modify them. Also, while this one might not be the best choice for you - $1200 for a complete setup like that is about right IMO.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I concur, conventional mounts for the solid front axle wranglers are getting harder to find all the time. That would be a good price IF he had a YJ but for the time and money he would have involved in making this one work he pay a little more for one that fits.

11. dak

dak Junior Member
    from OH

Is the YJ setup the same as CJ?

12. bterry

bterry Senior Member

No. Frames (vehicle, and therefor plow) are different.

13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I don't think thoses are the right trip springs. Most of the 6.5's and 6's I have seen have 2 meter springs on them. The plow will not trip right without them. People put the regular springs on them because they are cheaper.

14. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

i paid 700 for that style of a 7.5, 1200 is to much.