1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's this lot worth?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ontario026, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

What would this lot be worth per push? takes about 20 min, no ice control, no snow removal, plow before 8am after pretty much even an inch...

as you can see in the pic there is a single car drive to the north of the building, and then the lot to the south, normally only 2 cars to deal with, both parked close to the west side of the lower lot, then push the snow from the west of the big lower lot to the east...

thanks
    Matthew

lot.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

$90 per push in cleveland

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Should have given us a smaller picture from a little farther away...LOL I really can't tell.

4. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

sorry that was as close as google would let me zoom, and if I tried to blow it up in MS paint, it was getting pretty fuzzy

Matthew

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Exactly what i was thinking LOL. :drinkup:

6. 80sturgisrider

80sturgisrider Member

$60.00 in easter indiana

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

could find a 100 guys to do it for $50

8. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

Depends how much you need to make an hour. How about $9 per trip.

Due to such varying price bases by region the question should be how long will it take? Then multiply that by what your hourly figure is.

9. Don't know where in Ontario you are but here in Toronto I'd charge $80 for a one time no contract deal. If they were going seasonal I would charge about $800 for that size. I'm doing smaller parking lots that take me about 30 minutes at $1200

lot.jpg

10. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

microsoft has a good mapping program. Just started messing with it. maps.live.com. It has a birds eye view that has a really clear perspective, if it's available for your area.

11. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

10 minute lot when empty, tops. $50-$75 depending upon trigger, pile location, type of business, location.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I must be blind and not know much because I plow in Toronto and I can't bid that from that pic. I'm pretty sure it's more then 10 min to plow though.

13. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

I'll be needing atleast a $200 base price to fire up any equipment for that .
    I'd start from there . W h y are you leaving money on the table? It aint a driveway.
    Overhead.... insurance, material , manpower backup , w.c. , fuel , profit.

Salting ---$ each application

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  14. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

my min is $125.00

so 125

15. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

whats your equipment list to get that parking lot done in 20 minutes doing a quality job

16. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

3/4 ton silverado with a 8.5' SS Fisher ExtremeV.... and 20 min pretty much does it, and that is being quite easy on my truck too... Judging by some of the suggested bids and the above comment, I think some may be Over estimating the size of the lot... The single car drive to the north is single car wide, and 2.5-3 cars deep max, and the lower lot, is only single car deep on the left side, and 2 cars deep on the wide right side, probaly 24 cars would plug the lot solid... (you can see cars in the pic to judge size) plus the lot is empty when I do it, with the exception of 2 small cars in the far left of the lower lot, and I don't have to worry about that little corner when they are there... No shoveling, and no ice control etc.,,

17. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would bid a nice round number like $60.00 for up to 4 inches. maybe 90 for 4.1 to 8 inches, and anything over 8.1 inches would be at 90 an hour. Of course thats a pipe dream for around my area, but I would think that woud be fair. I just don't get where people are able to make that kind of money for even a 30 minute plow job. Hey but you have to know where your numbers are for you to be able to profit. Insurance, labor, truck payments, and so on then figure out what kind of profit you have to make, and put a number on it.

18. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

Oh ok looks bigger in the sat photo

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

It depends. What's the trigger? I'd be $60-80 per push for that job. Closer to $80, unless it was really convenient. Looks fairly easy.

20. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Another thing to think about is not just how long it takes you, but drive to and from the job.