1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's this code?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Farm Boss, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knows off hand what a C0040 code is. I have a 2005 chev with the 8.1. I was just screwing around with a buddies performance chip on my truck last night and this code was picked up. Never has triped my check engine light so just wondering if you guys had any leads. Thanks!!!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It didn't trip the CE light because it's not a powertrain code, it's an ABS/brake system code (C).

And it's for an erroneous reading that the EBCM is seeing from the right front wheel speed sensor.
  3. TLB

TLB Senior Member

C0040 is the right front wheel speed sensor, what were you doing?
  4. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

when I hooked up this computer chip programer, it said to go further it required clearing this code, told me the code, and I moved on. I just tried it for a nite and gave the programer back to my buddy.