1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's this Chevy worth?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Banksy, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yes, another one of these threads. :rolleyes:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3482991807.html

Going to look at it tomorrow. 350 gasser. All hydro Fisher Minute Mount with it. New York truck just brought down here. Seller says surface rust on frame and under the cab and bed is still white (paint) and solid. The front left of the bumper looks rusted. I was thinking $4,000 if it's as good as it looks. All original paperwork and service records come with it. Orignal owner was like an 80 year old guy. Look, it doesn't even have a receiver hitch on it.

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I think it looks like a nice truck, pretty well kept. Kind of depends on what type of work needs to be done on it mechanically. Plow should be worth something, so even if you don't want that, you could always sell it. I think 5 grand is in range. Don't know enough to make a good call though.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

He said it needs shocks for sure. I'll see how it drives and shifts. I may bring my OBD2 code reader too. It doesn't have a/c (not equipped) and that is kind of a turn off living down here, but this would be a working truck. KBB has it at $4300 for excellent shape. It has no options. It's a bare bones, stripped down work truck. I'm sure somebody will give him the $5k, but he may just want it gone. We'll see.....

4. WIPensFan

Banksy, if you can make money with it, it's worth it. Even if you have to fix it up a little bit.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Looked at truck today with a buddy.

Entire frame and driveshafts had heavy rust and beginning stages of rot (big chunky flakes), but it could be saved with a lot of work. Drivers side frame by plow mount was welded and reinforced with plate.....probably cracked at some point and only done to that side. Passenger window falling down. ABS light on. Needs tires. Made a realistic offer, but he declined. Probably a good thing.

The body, drivetrain, and plow would have been good to put on a southern frame, but screw that project.

6. WIPensFan

Yeah, older trucks need some money put into them at some point. Oh well, at least you tried.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

And I'm fine with that, but the purchase price MUST take that into account.

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of truck are you looking for?

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

3/4 or 1 ton so I can push at least an 8' blade. Basically something along the lines of what is in that CL ad in my original post. Ford or GM preferred. Late 80's to 90's year range. Not too interested in a diesel. I just want a simple work truck.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've got a 96 F250 gasser work truck with a Unimount truckside but I'm prob too far to travel for it.

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

where in ma are you?

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's always the dang problem for me. I'd pay to ship a truck for the right deal.