1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's this 88 Yota worth?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by Banksy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

He's looking for a $1000, but isn't firm on it. I cut and pasted from his email. I was thinking I could fab this plow I have onto it. 6.5 western.

Here is some info on the truck:
    147,00 miles
    The Good:
    New starter.
    New muffler.
    New fuel pump.
    New plugs and wires.
    4 new tires (less than 500 miles) and the spare is in VERY good condition.
    New mass air flow sensor.
    4x4 works great!

The Not So Good:
    Truck is a little rough...some dings, scratches, rust, etc....original bed replaced by stainless diamond flatbed.
    Hole in exhaust pipe above muffler (easy fix).
    One cylinder has low compression. 10-25%. It causes a miss when decelerating. It runs well though...just drove from N Raleigh to Clayton with no problems.
    Parking brake cable needs to be tightened.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Would work for the plow...I wouldn't pay $1000.00 for it, around here thats a $500.00 truck at best

3. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

check the frame rails inside right after the cab to back cross tube for frame rot, that's where it'll be. You said low compression on 1 cylinder... 22r's are known for cracking heads between the 3rd and fourth cylinder, it'll still run good till it finally lets go, had a few and saw a few that happened too. If the frame is clean ( NO ROT) it's a pretty good price in my book, New England prices that is, that bed looks like it has some issues though. Hope this helps, good luck

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the responses. I've never been into or bothered learning anything about Toyota trucks. It's a V6 and that would make it all the more of a pain to fix. I'm keeping in mind that this is a 21 year old beater. He said his bottom dollar is $900. That's about $200 more than what I want to pay. That flat bed does look a little funky.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

He's down to $800 now....