1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wha'ts the right plow for me

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jmsloan, Jan 14, 2009.

1. jmsloan

jmsloan Junior Member

Is there a site where I can find out all plows that are compatible with my 2001 dodge ram 1500 extended cab 5.9 engine?

I have 2-30ft drives and 1-100yard lane I need to clear. Does anyone recommend a plow?

Is there any plows out there I would be able to install on my own?

Thanks,

Jeremy

2. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

any 7'-6" straight blade would work great.and any of the plows are not very hard to install yourself

3. jmsloan

jmsloan Junior Member

How would a snow bear flexblade do?

4. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

I looked into Western and Boss before deciding on the boss. Both dealers suggested 7ft 6in standard duty plows

5. bigmac1276

bigmac1276 Member

How do you like that boss are your '02 Ram? Have you had any problems with running hot with the plow on? FeelLikeANumber

6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

If you enjoy getting out of the truck to pivot the blade you'd like the SnowBear.

You have a full size truck, and at that one with a beam axel in the front. It will hold the weight of a full funcion plow; no-problemo.

7. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

In order:

1) Snoway 8' 29 Series with DP
    2) Blizzard 8000LT

The rest is overweight and not worth the money. Alot of Meyers/Western/Boss/Fisher stuff is nicely built, but weight is high and with newer technologies in alloys and poly, the Blizzard is the best option if your stock on a Diamond product.

Snoway has the Down Pressure which makes it super valuable where ice or hard snow can be an issue.