1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what's the problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowpusher 03, Jan 11, 2005.

1. snowpusher 03

snowpusher 03 Junior Member

my plow goes up very slow when it's hot . i change the oil every season ,last year i changed all the cylinders still slow did the season put it away . this season i changed the pump still slow i forgot to say it goes down slowly between my lots . the truck is a 98 2500hd diesel i bought it new the plow was new also . i know the rpm is lower then a gas rpm. what should ido next.

thax for your help
  2. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

oil adjustment

Not sure what kind of plow you have. But, on the Boss I just bought there is an adjustment nut on the back of the pump housing. You loosen the lock nut, and beneath that there is an adjustment you can tun with a wrench which regulates the volume of hydraulic oil that can flow through the pumps, and therefore the speed of movements.

Give it a try.,
  3. snowpusher 03

it's a fisher plow i'll have to check the pump for the adjustments thanx plowman350
  4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

That only regulates the drop speed. SNOWPUSHER, has it changed from when it was new? Are you using the recomended fluid?
  5. skidsteerloader

skidsteerloader Junior Member

Correct, it is used to regulate drop speed, but if adjusted too far it will affect raise speed. Does your plow drop like a ton of bricks?
  6. snowpusher 03

ya i put the right fluid in the pump the plow doesn't drop like a ton of bricks when i put the joy stick in the down position i think i'll bring it to fisher to find the problem thanx guys for you help