1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's The Most Snow You Have Ever Plowed At One Time?

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by mercer_me, Oct 1, 2009.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Last winter I got a storm that dumped 26" on my area. It was coming down so fast I couldn't keep up with it, so I never plowed my drive way out untill the storm was over. When I got to my house there was 26" of wet heavy snow in my driveway. It took my hours to get plowed out and I got stuck twice. My uncle came over and pulled me out, then he started pushing my banks back with his Didge 2500 and he got stuck a couple times. That wet snow just sucks you rite in. I like a challange, but that much snow takes the fun out of plowing IMO.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

1995 40inches in 24 hrs all wet
    2001 7 feet in 5 days
    many 24 inchers over night
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

24" + on April 1st. I think it was 1997. Had my 1986 F250 and 8' Fisher speedcast.
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

12" of heavy soak wet snow that got rain. That was Hard job to plow with F250 it would spin all way. Job turn from 2 to 5 hours because heavy snow stop F250 so many times. That how we end replace bolts on mount next day. Bolt look like this Thank god it didn't break on that serious event.
  5. grandview

Mill, 12 iches of wet snow should not stop you.I think it's time to go back to plowing 101!
  6. Milwaukee

12" wet snow you couldn't shovel or use snowblower. It got rain for 2 hours then frozen.
  7. grandview

He you go,Mill 36 inches of wet snow.

10-12-06 snow pixs 032 (Small) (Small) (Small) (2) (Medium).jpg
  8. Milwaukee

That pretty lot snow. You have V plow and I use straight plow. Bald tires and no ballast in bed is what I have trouble. Try tell owner he need 1,500 pounds in bed. His answer Why I would get worst mpg and how it would help traction.

Well this year I be use different F250 which have best tires and 1,000 pounds in bed so I will test if it could push that heavy snow.
  9. grandview

These are the tires I has on ,i was getting new ones at the end of the month.

10-12-06 snow pixs 053 (Small) (Small) (Medium).jpg
  10. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Mil, why don't u put on 4x4 drive? Really no need for extra ballast in the bed. Its all about how good the operator is!

GV, what kind of exotic penny is that?? Wheres the Maple Leaf on it? :D tymusic
  11. grandview

With one of those I can buy a Canadian dollar!
  12. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

March 1999 63 centimeters of snow and drifts higher then the bay doors on factorys. Lots of wind, blowing snow...............white hell
  13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

March 2008, 18" and most of our sites we didn't touch until it was all down. I hope I never see that again but the loader work was good.
  14. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

3-4 years ago I picked up this driveway customer with an uphill hairpin gravel drive almost 1/2mile long and there was 14+" of snow, luckily it was dry powder. I plowed out the bottom half just fine but got to to the top and fell off the grade. I got STUCK big time and my only option was to go down the hill to the first half of the drive through the drifts that were over the doors of my truck. I luckily or skillfully I don't know made it back to the botom half of the drive which was cleared and could start again.

Same night at 5am A guy called to clear his drive because he had a flight out at 6am. I pulled onto his gravel private road which had not been plowed yet so I dropped my V half way down just to get me in and he happened to be the last one on the right! All the down I am thinking "if I get stuck here how can I clear my other drives". Well I get to his house which has a lower grade than the rest, "of course"! so he has drifts I swear that were 3-4' high, they came over the windshield. Like I said thank you it was a dry snow! I pulled up with my plow down only because there was now way for me to get in and he paid on the spot on top of a couple already scratched of lottery tickets :rolleyes:. Cleared his drive and went on my way.

I wish I had pictures of the last drive because I honestly don't think I will see that again.
  15. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

march 17th 2002 30+ inches overnight. didnt get out to plow till the next day, it was fun!

then april 2008 we got around 28" + overnight/day and it was heavy! never got stuck even in some muddy places because the ground had allready thawed alittle. that made it a huge pain.

i didnt even have the plow on when the '08 late storm hit, made it a huge pain in the butt getting the plow on in 10" plus of snow

16. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Why was this moved to the pic forum?
  17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Drifted or flat?

I've hit some 5-6' drifts in a driveway. This was halfway through the storm.

Also did my church lot when that storm was done. Started Sat AM and slowed down Sunday night sometime. Monday I finally ended up over there and there was 2'+ solid over the entire lot. Didn't get out an measure. Never touched it until then. Normally about a 30 min job with our JCB, I was there over 2 hours.

Funny thing was, I met my wife there so my son could plow with me and she was driving around the lot in our Grand Cherokee pushing snow with the bumper.

12" is nothing, that was that Dec storm last year that came in about 3-4 hours. Starting in earnest about 5 AM. That was fun.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

The most i've plowed at once was bac in 2002 on christmas day about 24 inches i remember the snow being over the plow lights, cool stuff
  19. scitown

scitown Senior Member

One night I pushed 2252 lbs of snow. That was kickass.Oh and what the hell is with you posting in the pics section. You've been a member for a year now. Remove head from ass mercer.
    91 ak thanks for the pics. Is the ford up and ready for the season?
  20. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

I would guess the most I've pushed is about 3, maybe 3 1/2 foot drifts, my yukon was spinning pretty good, had it in 4 low, that was fun. Anything deeper requires the tractor. My neighbor plowed our driveway once while I was out shoveling for him, we had so much snow drifted solid that his 08 2500 HD 6.0L with a 8'6 western v blade barely even made it up, he was ramming the snow pretty good too, and had brand new tires.