1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the lightest 8' plow for an F250??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by homey1, Nov 10, 2004.

1. homey1

homey1 Member

I'm looking to get an 8' plow to do my own parking lot and driveway. A local pro here in northern vermont told me to get the lightest one I could find. Any suggestions??
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

New or used?

Really, your 250 can handle about any 8' plow nicely unless the truck is worn out.
  3. homey1

homey1 Member

no, the super duty is in great shape. He was just thinking it'll be less wear and trear on a daily basis. But if i have aquick dismount system, it wont be such a big deal i guess.
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Well, you have no reason to go with the lightest you can find on your truck, as mick said it will carry ony 8' nicely. Look into snoway if you want light, they probley have the lightest 8' plow, i could be wrong. Check out some websites, all the plow companies have the specs of their plows on their sites. My opinion just go with what ever dealer is closest, and get an 8' plow, no reason to pick and choose based on weight.
    Good Luck and welcome to plowsite.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

If you want the lightest plow, then the snoway with a lexan face is the way to go. But there are other things to consider as well. Just figure out which is the most important. For me it was weight, so that's why I have a snoway.
  6. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Sense you want the lightest plow make sure you find out the weight of the entire plow and mount assembly. Sometimes the mount is not included in the weight listed. :nono:

RYASON Junior Member

front end f-250

I Have A 2000 F-250 Diesiel And Old Western 8' Plow. I Bought It Used. When The Plow Was On, The Front End Bearly Moved. But, This Year I Install Two New Front Leaf Springs. Doing This Brought The Front End Up 1 3/4" Which Leveled The Truck And I Will Have All The Confidence In The World Carrying My Plow. I Do A Few Driveways When Construction Work Shuts Down. Good Luck.