1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's the going rate?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by blee1ash, Mar 30, 2006.

1. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Just wondering what the going rate for most residential driveways are for differnt parts of the country? Just the average drive approx 25' x 50-60' . I have been doing a few drives this year, most want them done by 7:00am and have a 1" trigger, some 3". I have been doing them for $15 wich seem about the going rate for my town, which has a lot of competition.
    I know most of you wouldn't even get out of bed for $15. Just curious.payup

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

$25, we only do them if were not too tired and their not done already. we grossed about $200 on drives this year. $15 seems a little on the low side for a business, but if your doing it for wages alone it okay.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I might be a little high for the area, but I don't drop the plow for under $35 unless it is an old lady or a friend!payup :rolleyes:

4. going rates

dont do driveways for under 50 bucks unless theres food and coffee envolved, otherwise $85 an hour here

5. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

No less then $30 for me to drop a plow. That would be a small drive as well.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

All my drives start at $50. Most are larger then you listed.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

$35 minimum, and it goes up quickly from there.
    I think that I'm going to increase my $35 starting rate to around $45, or until I stop getting hired to plow residential drives. I prefer to do only commercial lots.

8. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Kansas City area

As every area varies widely, this is an interesting post. Here we are priced at an average of $35-lowest at $25 and highest $60. All will be going up $10 next year, already let my customers know with their thank you card for past winter season. With only 1 snow push this last season, all understood this does not even pay for the Insurance, let alone up keep and repair/maintenance. All customers are year around lawn-maintenance-snow, so it is more a convenience as a profit center, but would be nice to break even or even make a little.

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

$30.00 minimum here.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

$275 for the season here. 14 to 18 plows.

11. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

We have a 40.00 dollar minimum for driveways and 10.00 for walkways

12. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I start at...standard diveways for $30 1" trigger. If I have a bunch on a street (neighbors) they might be $25. But this is a business and you don't need to be giving money away. Sell the service and not to be cheap!

And as of now I do not get out of my truck!

13. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I charge a 1/2hr minimun (37.5) to set the blade down. Doesn't matter wether I am there for 2 min or 30 min. We charge $75.00 hr and round up in 15 min increments after 1 hour. I know that that sounds cheap but everyone esle is charging 50 - 60 per hour around here.