1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats the going hourly rate for truck and blade ?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by preston3500, Sep 8, 2008.

1. preston3500

preston3500 Junior Member
    from canada

hey plowsite members im just wondering if anyone knows what the going rates for truck and v blade for this 08 09 season on hourly status ? is it going to go up due to rising gas prices etc .

if i could get soem hourly rated fromy ou guys it would be greatly appreciated:help:

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Entirely depends on what area your in. For me, it's $70 per hour.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

exactly what nofear said. its going to depend on your location. i know some guys that sub for $35 an hour and others that $75. depends on the company also. when i sub ive been getting $50-60 an hour plus fuel.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats funny....he's looking to get back at JD and I on another thread with a price. FYIYDF going rate in whatever you think is enough to get you out of your warm bed in the middle of the night and push snow till you cant walk straight when you get out of the truck you just bought, and hope you have money left over for coffees after you fuel the pig. And God forbid you break down in the middle of the night...YOUR GOING RATE will be irrelevant than.

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Ain't that the truth. LMAO:drinkup:

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LMAO, John has a way with words.

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

yikes lol :D

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Here in NJ its about 80-85.......but its diff everywhere!

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

about a penny and half a second here

10. preston3500

preston3500 Junior Member
    from canada

thanks 4 the info and for johnny royale just getting some opinions on the 08 09 season 2 see what people are charging especially down here where we are from due to last year if you dont already know. and due to rising gas prices i drive a 2003 dodge ram 3500 ctd dually with v blade on it. so im just getting some extra info 2 see what people are charging this year but thanks 2 everyone else for there input

11. ACS

ACS Member

Going to be around $75 with a V where I am . But It can All change won't know till the snow starts falling and what ever the numbers say at the gas station.

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Johnny Royale is just angry cause he ran out of FF today! :D

...but mabe u can still hook up with JD? I heard he gives out free cans of FF for stocking stuffers!! LOL

13. JohnnyRoyale

I'm not angry...just telling it like it is. Some of my brokers get $75.00 an hour, others get $105.00, all depends on who/what and where.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's a very fair price scale for this area. It will really depend on how productive and reliable your sub is. There is a lot of variables to consider.

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I'm curious, do you guarantee a minimum of hrs for the year, or its feast of famine.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Usually a 100 hour guarantee, not sure how John does it.

17. JohnnyRoyale

Some are guaranteed 100 hours, others 120. Again, depending on who/what/where.

18. PlowVictim

PlowVictim Junior Member
    from toronto

I've been doing it for 4 years now. With me it depends on the type of place ur plowing, large commercial areas i.e. plazas, future shop, best buy, that type of size you can charge more an hour cause u kno they have the money. Smaller places bring it down a little bit i.e. condo parking lots, rec centres etc. Last year I was charging 110 an hour for the bigger and 85 for the smaller. It really depends, you'd have to tell us what ur contracts are for, for us to give u a better idea. Thats my opinion anyways

19. Banger

Banger Member

+1

I plow large commercial lots only.

Edit;
    $70.00 as a sub as well!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008