1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the difference???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ServiceOnSite, Mar 2, 2009.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

im looking to see if any one knows the weight difference between a 7'6'' regular duty and a 8' super duty. I tryed looking on the boos web site but it keeps telling me that i need to download a different program to open it. this lap top is brand new and i dont want to download anything i dont have to.

I have 2 8' boss super duty's that i want to try and put on a my 92 chevys 1500's if the weight difference isnt going to cripel my truck. i know about timbrens and crank up the t bars, but if were talking 500+ lbs more than im not going to do it. The way a truck manufacturer figures out a gvw is for it with max seat cap. of each person weighing in at 225lbs. My trucks go out with only one person in there and nothing in the bed. Im trying to get rid of my westerns and switch to all boss plows.

so ............................................... how much does it weigh????? thanks in advance.

2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

If I am reading the Boss web page page correctly.
    These are the listed weights
    7'6" standard straight blade 572 lb + 75-105 mount weight
    7'6" super duty straight blade 680 lb +75-105 mount weight
    8' super duty straight blade 698 lb + 75-105 mount weight

Hope this helps
    S

3. ServiceOnSite

does anyone know what a western unimount with a 7'6'' pro plow weights? thats whats on there now, im just wondering how much more it weighs??

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An 8 ft super will be 60-70 lbs heavier than a 7.5 pro Uni Josh. And most of that extra weight comes from the cutting edge difference. 1/2 in vs 3/8 in.

5. ServiceOnSite

thats it????? i was thinking at least 250 pounds plus. really thats it?????

6. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Western plow specs are here

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i was told at my western dealer that an 8 footer is fine but no bigger! assuming same with boss

8. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

For the Boss plows the 7'6 standard will have one less support brace on the back of it and one less trip spring than the 8' super duty. I didn't look that up but I am pretty sure thats all it is and thats where the extra weight comes from. (I have a 7'6" standard and recall these two difference when I bought it)