1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Jul 21, 2005.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

besides the shocks, what makes the difference in ride quality between the work truck package and the Z71 package?

I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 work truck package, and it rides crappy. I Put Z71 shocks in it, and that didn't help much. What other differences are their?

THanks,
    Steve

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

The Z71 package I believe include heaver (stiffer) shocks, and skid plates and that is it. What is wrong with the ride quality??? Have you cranked up the torsion bars??? If so, the ride will suffer.

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

High capacity air cleaner I believe and the stickers. Cant forget the stickers!!!

First thing I look at with a crappy ride is tire pressure.

I dont think the new z71's have the bilstens like the old ones. I really like bilsten shocks. I also like the ranch9000's I have on my truck.

4. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I haven't cranked up my torsion bars, but how can I tell if they have been turned up?

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

The best way to tell is to look at the what I believe gm call the Z-height, or the height the front end is above the ground at a certain point. I suppose a less accurate way is to look ad the adjustment screws at the ends of the torsion bars and see if they are turned all the way up (I.E. how much thread is left). GM trucks will always have a nose down look from the factory. Chances are if your truck sits level they were turned up.

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Off road jounce bumpers. I think that's it. I have an 04 Z71 and rides like crap as well. Not real truck bad, but it will jar your noggin at railroad crossings.