1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the difference between a seed spreader and a salt spreader? (Push Behind)

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Snow2Go, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Snow2Go

Snow2Go Senior Member
    from Chi

Im in a bind, just sold my Tailgater, to get a Vbox, wasnt supposed to snow, I have a couple small accounts that need salt, nothing big, will this seed spreader work?
  2. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

if the opening leading to the spinner is large enough, it should.

I modded a Scott's SpeedyGreen 3000 to work with rock salt, cut out the bottom a bit to allow better flow, and it works great.
  3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

The plastic wheels vs. rubber wheels. The plastic ones sometimes slip and then the spinner doesn't turn to spread.
  4. rednekk frank

rednekk frank Member

Easy fix for this is to glue a strip of rubber around the circumfrence of the wheels. Works great on kids' Power Wheels vehicles as well!
  5. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

I put some studs from dirtbike tires in mine, works great! sheet metal screws would also work. Problem is it goes "click click click click click click"... whatever.
  6. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I did the same with a cheap Scotts. Works for me and as a bonus it was cheap.:D