1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats The Deal????

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I have not plowed any snow since dec 11. the only snow since then has been a couple of 1/2" teasers. This is becoming very fustrating.it srarted out great. we got 2-3" on the 4th, 8-9" on the 8th then about 4-6 on the 11th. then nothing since. My plows are neatly tucked away in the corner of the drive collecting dust. It has been so nice out that i actually did a deck job a couple of weeks ago , in january, never done that before. well anyways i just figured id check in, havent posted much this winter. but with alll this extra time i have managed to put on 15lbs at the gym, so at least im doing something productive.

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

last plow here was dec 16 with 2 salt only event one in dec & 1 this month

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Last time I dropped a plow was Dec 9th. We only salted about 6 times since then. Two was in the last 5 days.

4. Yea Brain it does suck man im gooing broke

5. JTW

JTW Senior Member

I plowed once the week before christmas.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I dropped my blade this past weekend:blush2: We were only out for about 5 hrs but it's better than nothing. We got some snow today but it didn't amount to much so far and tomorrow it's going back into the 40's.:confused: :realmad:

7. Rgory

Rgory Member

Hello,

Well on that account it seems like a storm may be brewing this weekend for the midwest. It is still extremely shakey as far as how much and where, also to where the freeze/thaw line will fall. But with any luck we should get something plowable.

If not I suppose thats ok as well at least there is Mid-Am to attend.

Let me know what you guys hear/think about this storm because I certainly know that I hope its a big one.

Ryan

8. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I live just outside of boston, ive only gone out once this season!!! All the others have been 1 or 2 inches or washouts:cry:

9. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

be carefull what you wish for :redbounce there is still a month and a half + left around here, alot can change.

10. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Starting to look better

Hazardous Weather Outlook
    National Weather Service Chicago/romeoville Il
    450 Pm Cst Wed Jan 18 2006

Winnebago-boone-mchenry-lake Il-ogle-lee-de Kalb-kane-du Page-cook-la Salle-kendall-grundy-will-kankakee-livingston-iroquois-ford-lake In-porter-newton-jasper-benton-
    450 Pm Cst Wed Jan 18 2006

This Portion Of The Hazardous Weather Outlook Is For North Central And Northeast Illinois...and Northwest Indiana.

A Low Is Expected To Form Over Northern Kansas Late Tonight. This
    Low Will Move Into Northern Illinois By Friday Evening. We Expect
    Rain Friday Afternoon And The Rain Is Forecast To Change To Snow
    Friday Night. there May Be Significant Snow Accumulation Late
    Friday And Early Saturday Across North Central And Northeast
    Illinois.

11. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Yeah I heard about this. If the track changes just a little we should get a lot here also or maybe I am just wishing!:D Only thing that kinda stinks is it will probably hit here Saturday during the day.:(

12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It has been soo long since I have looked for them, I don't even remember where I put the keys to my plow trucks...:dizzy:

13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

get ready guys, the winter is going to get alot worse, or is that better. and you wonder how i know, well i will tell you, Monday i start a new job and am only going to be subbing on the week ends. :) so it is bound to snow alot now. :)

14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I've plowed three time all year!

15. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

plowed once in Dec:dizzy:

16. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

I don't know about you guys but my radar alert keeps going off. winter storm watch.. tv is saying about 2 -5 (in this business you can trust tv) but my alert program is saying 6-8 starting around 3:00 pm Friday.

17. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

I guess that Connecticut is where all the snow was, we had a one foot storm on Dec. 9th and another one footer on Jan. 3rd . All in all I have billed for 6 plows 2 each for the one footers than once each for two smaller (3-5") storms. We had 5" on Jan. 15th , but yesterday was 60 degrees out and wind driven rain. No more snow here, I sure hope it gets cold though as I'm sick of diving in to lawns/dirt drives.

18. JTW

JTW Senior Member

They said 2-3 for saturday but that will end up being T-1 because the ground is warm and since the temps are supposed to go back up the fallowing day we will not get called out even if we get 3.

19. daninline

daninline Senior Member

There has been a tend in the models showing that the patern is changing look for a change at the end of the month and next month.