1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's the current hourly rate in the northestern Indiana area

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by famouslee99gt, Nov 11, 2007.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

The general manager at the dealership I worked at asked me last week if I was interested in plowing the lot. He asked what my hourly was and I told him I would have to punch up some numbers. A couple years ago, my brother was subbing and charging $50/hr., but thats been 2-3 years, and gas was about $0.75 cheaper a gallon. From my understanding, the only bit of plowing need before hours would have to be a path up to and around the building. Other than that, the rest of the lot would be done during hours, while I would also be receiving salary pay. My brother suggested $60/hr, with the price of gas now.

Does anyone have any ball park range at an hourly rate is in Northeastern Indiana/ Northwestern Ohio

2. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

Im in NH so not your area but I aim for around $125 an hour.

Good luck with the bid!

3. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

In this area, last year we had maybe 3 snow events. I think I'll throw $60/hr at him and see what he says. About a month ago, they sold the shop'd old plow truck and haven't found another truck to replace it yet, so either they buy a new truck, pay some other contractor, or hire me to do their plowing.

Thanks for the input. If anyone else has any input, I would appreciate it. This will only be my second year plowing, so I'm not up on pricing yet.

4. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

I am in Southeast Michigan and I am charging $110/hr...........it also depends on the situation sometimes higher sometimes lower based on needs of the property. The overall average though is $110/hr for my company

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

2 bucks a min usally covers cost