1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats the cheapest new plow with power angle

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nofearpi, Dec 22, 2003.

1. nofearpi

nofearpi Junior Member

i'm looking for a cheap new plow, something light in weight. any suggestions? for an 04 tahoe

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten.

3. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

If ur only plowing ur driveway, I would purchase a tractor with a snow blade or a big snow blower, both would be about the same amount as buying a cheap consumer plow like a snow bear....However, if you are plowing commericially, I would look into a used plow truck. Otherwise, buy a used commercial plow and purchase a mount for your truck. That will cost you around 2000+, you'd probably be better buying a new plow at that point(which will also get you a warranty). Going cheap with plows is never a good idea from my experience.

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

well if you really want to buy the cheapest plow just remember you get what you pay for. buy a new meyer or sno-way because those are the cheaper plows i know about:)

5. Manx

Manx Senior Member

If it was for your driveway only

I'd buy a top of the line snow blower before I'd spend the money on a cheap plow

You won't abuse the Tahoe, and it will last for years

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Cheap Plow

Yeah that's
    how it starts
    " I want a cheap
    plow to do my drive
    and maybe a few more"
    Then you find out you love plowing.
    And you got a plow that just will not hold up.
    You spend more money buy a real plow, need better
    Tires, state of the art lights, a beacon / strobe light for the
    truck, then figure out hey this trucks too light / small buy bigger
    truck, soon wife starts calling it your "midlife crises" or maybe the "Big Red Drain" Be careful out there you get what you pay for or it makes you pay good money after bad to do it right. Plus if it's a good setup you can sell it later or move it to another truck and not have to make repairs and spend money on cheap broken parts.

7. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Click Here.....

There you go $1500.oo and you can save the Tahoe for running to the grocery store. From what I have seen with most things cheaper is not always cheaper.