1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats the big deal about timbrens

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by puredreamz, Oct 23, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

hear all this talk about timbrens...

see if i can compare guys who plow with and without, try to get some feedback

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Good with the plow on, bad with the plow off. On the fords with already stiff suspension, the timbrens cause them to rebound prematurely, resulting in an uncomfortable empty ride. Air bags are the best on Fords IMO! Thumbs Up Add timbrens to a chevy and they ride like a ford. :laughing:

3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

so basically a lose lose situation, ride good with plow ride bad with no plow.

I ve got an fx4 they say they com with different suspension, any difference with a plow

4. wizardsr

None. FX4 is rancho knock-off shocks and skid plates, absolutely no difference in springs or spring ratings. I swapped my "rancho's" for bilsteins and never looked back. Night and day difference in the way the truck rides and handles.

What year truck? Leafs or coils in front? With leafs, the air bag kits are more expensive, but are the same design as rear air bags and work phenomenal with a plow. With coils, you're best off swapping in factory coils with a higher rating, then add coil rite bags if you want a little more strength. The stronger coils don't ride much rougher empty unlike add-a-leafs which turn your ride into a lumber wagon.

5. wizardsr

Alright, just saw your other thread, you're talking an F150, I assumed we were talking super duties. I have no experience with putting a plow on an F150, not even sure there's an airbag kit or heavier springs available for your truck. You may end up with Timbrens and seeing how you like it. I had a 1/2 ton gm that rode just fine with timbrens, the super duties don't ride very well with them though. Hopefully someone that's put them on an F150 will chime in. Thumbs Up

PS. You should put your truck in your sig, or put the details in the thread when you're asking questions. Just a suggestion. :waving:

6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

i dont think they make a f150 super duty

7. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

test post see if the signature works

8. wizardsr

No, 2 different trucks, the superduty name refers to F250 and up Fords. They share some components, but are vastly different otherwise.

9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Do a quick search, this topic has been discussed a ton, you can probably get all your questions answered without waiting for responces on this thread Thumbs Up