1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the best

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by K20Fisher, Feb 16, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

xysportI am looking for a atv in the 350-400 range I want to use it to snowblow a drive and stuff like that.

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have a kawasaki praire 360 and it is great. Suzukis and arctic cats are pretty tough too

3. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks i was thinking about getting on of those they sound like there good machines and there at a good price.

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I love my Arctic Cat 400. I had a Yamaha Wolverine for years that was awsome as well.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I had a arctic cat 400 manual. I thought it was the best thing. But it was 2/wd. So I sold it and bought a arctic cat 500 4x4 auto. I love the cats but it is my personal opinion.

My New 2000 Arctic Cat 500 4x4
    [​IMG]

The old 2000 Arctic Cat 400 2x4 BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN FOR SURE!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I have always liked the sportsmans. they might be the heaviest quads too, so that helps.

7. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

How many miles do you usualy drive a atv too? And does anyone this is a good deal 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI w/only 126 mi. Excellent cond and perfectly maintained. Recently had first service. Included are Polaris Winch, 60" snow plow, front & rear tube bumpers, rear rack extender, tow hitch. $5700 OBO. Oxford, ME
    Picture 1(16 kb)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  8. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

the price is probally reasonable, I havent kept up on atv prices, but a quad with only 126 miles is brand new. I have at least 8000 on my 97 sportsman 500 and it still runs like a champ.

9. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks its nice to have a second apinion.

10. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

[​IMG] how do you get the picture in

11. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

[​IMG] lets try this once more

12. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

330 atp

I have a 330 ATP...at my dads place we have two polaris 500's....I like the power they have and speed but this ATP has low down power for pushing/pulling that is just awesome...my neighbor has a 660 grizzly and mine out pushes his....same plow system on int....just my opinion but if your using if for work and not riding trails then go get an atp and enjoy.....:bluebounc

13. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

look at the pic in the corner next to my K20fisher thats the quad im looking at

14. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

sorry it didnt work

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

one of my best friends has a 330 magnum. It has alot of low end. He has the glacier 48" minute mount plow on it. It is a nice atv but it doesnt have enough umph and power that I need/want. Plus I like the looks of mine it looks stronger with all the steal grill and stuff. Ya atp's are good work quads with the dump box. I use it for work and play so I would rather have the back rack. I am thinking about getting another atv this spring for a second one. I am looking at the DVX 400

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  16. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I'm a pretty big polaris fan after having owned a 500 for close to 15 years....the ATP I have was a demo unit that I tested out for a local dealership hauling hay racks and using for working up remote areas with a disk....it isn't fast, about 35 top end, but it has the power in just the right spots for me....it almost never spins the tires until it bottoms out...lol..I also use the dump box often..usually for dropping hay for the horses...just ride up, hit the lever, and go.

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I have been meaning to ask how much can that dump box hold?? And does it dump manually or electronically?

18. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

it's supposed to hold 250lbs I think but....

I have put almost 600 pounds in it (on level, smooth ground) (hauling salt bagspayup) and not had a problem with it...I have a manual dump. It's pretty nice because you can reach the lever from the seat....:bluebounc

19. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Guys look at my avtar or what ever its the quad i might buy

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

It's not bad looking. Do you have a bigger picture?