1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the best?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Michael M, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Michael M

Michael M Member

I have all resi's and my customers want sand. I told them they are better off with salt or a pre- bagged deicer. What is the most effective ice management material for blacktop driveways? Thanks

2. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Oh OH, I know this one.... I KNOW THIS ONE!!!! Please, pick me... PLEASE.....

uh......

S
    A
    L
    T

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

What is the most effective ice management material for blacktop driveways? Thanks

geomelt 55.......a mixture of sugar beet and roct salt....this stuff will make your driveway smoke it's so f**kin' hot!!!!

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Pre-bagged rocksalt that has a mixture of something else like CaCl or MagCl with corrosion additives included. They last longer, are more metal and enviro friendly and work in colder temps. Depending on the size of driveway and type of material your looking at 20 pounds to 150 pounds (1/4 bag-3 bags).

Sand makes a mess, tracks in the house, is BAD for the environment (clogs storm drains and ruins creek bottoms so fish can't lay eggs). It is basically a filler (kinda like the junk they add to food to make it look like you have more, so you pay more but in fact you have less)