1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best way to apply FF??

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by FINE LAWNS, Jan 24, 2009.

FINE LAWNS Junior Member
    from PA

I just purchassed one galon of FF and I'm not sure how to apply it.
    Any advice would be apprciated. by the way I had to drive 20 mi. to the nearest J. Deer dealer!!!.ussmileyflag
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would use a little pump sprayer. If you don't have a spare one of those around maybe a brush would work.
  3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

The dip method is the most approved.

Roll up the windows, attach the plow and salter (empty)

Just like dipping cattle.

Ask Dano or Joy..........they will say the same.:nod:
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have 2 methods of applying it.

And this one!
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I changed my mind............after staring for an hour.........I like #2 also.
  6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Can I bring my truck up to New York? I am having problems getting FF in a couple of spots as well. I am pretty sure that either method number 2 can solve my problems, or I just won't care after watching her try to solve them. Geeezzzz thats nice!!!!!!!!!!

FINE LAWNS Junior Member
    from PA

using ff.

Very funy guys!! I like de dipping ,but I don't have a tank big enogh to fit my trucks:dizzy:
  8. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

Uhhhh... I think I may need a demonstration!
  9. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

You can use a pump sprayer as RC said or if you have a compressor, you can buy a cheap automotive paint spray gun. If you buy cans, change the nozzle to a spray paint nozzle. It covers with a nice even film and makes the can last longer.
  10. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

If any of you want some ideas on how to apply Fluid Film, you may visit our website at www.fluid-film.com

We have tons of recommended applications on there, which I'm sure you will find useful.

If you have any questions, please pm me or dano50:salute:
  11. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The dip method is by far the best way!
  12. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

How in the world did I miss this thread? I think we've just discovered a new way to apply Fluid Film, thanks to Grandview! I think we'll need to test it out a few times to see how well it works. :D