1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best siet for histoical weather data??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ommegang, Dec 10, 2011.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

I'm looking for the best site for weater data. Like how many snow events in Milwaukee abouve 3"? Guessing I would say what, 10-15? Any help would be most appreciated. Also, for new customers, do seasonal quotes always require payment up front? Just seems hard to require payment up front from a cutomer who has never done businees with you b4.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Look at http://www.noaa.gov for your weather data. Site is kind of overwhemling but you can find pretty muchwhatever you might need there. Or check with your local extension office.

As to your other question, are you refering to commercial or residential accounts?

Locally there are no seasonals for residential plowing, it's per push thing here, on the commercial side it's monthly payments. Due the first of the month, so in a sense there is pre-payment, but not 3-4 months worth at a time.
  4. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Who cares?

Second'd. This is the place for accurate reporting.
  6. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

www.noaa.gov is okay but doesn't list accumulations for every town. I find that I have to depend on what they say for neighboring towns often.
  7. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

wikipedia has some pretty detailed info, you can type in your actual city/town too...