1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats the best programmer

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Morrissey snow removal, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

looking to get a programmer for my 03 7.3 what do u guys think is the best?

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

For a while most everyone was using Jodi at DP Tuner. By the sound of things Matt at Gearhead has some good tunes for them also. I don't keep up on the 7.3's much but plenty of friends drive them so I still am kept in the loop some.

3. Morrissey snow removal

what about the super chips hyper tech edge anyone have any imput on them

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I have the super chip in my 7.3.. it's not the most agressive out there but it's been on my truck for 6 years with no issues. I normally run around in high performance tow mode.

5. Morrissey snow removal

just bought a edge evolution and love it

6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I'd put a DP Tuner on her.

You sell the 5.4 gas truck?

7. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Go with custom tunes from Matt at Gearhead Automotive, its a 6 pos ts chip with his own tunes on it. I got mine a year ago and it made a huge difference. Stay away from Banks, super chips, edge, etc. Gearheads chip will run ya about $475ish, but you get free lifetime reburns if you add a bigger turbo or injectors or other performance parts. They have a big list of tunes you can put on from high idle, heavy tow, race, extreme, valet mode, quite mode, econo. That would be the best thing for your 7.3

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

All box tuners, nothing really tuned directly for your truck. They add more fuel and air and can cause problems that wouldn't have been created with custom tunes for your truck.

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I've been happy with my beans diesel 6pos tune.

10. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I have a DP tuner and LOVE it best $$ i have ever spent its a totally different truck! Dont get any big name chips they are not really tuned directly for your truck and can end up F*^&% your truck up.