1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whats the best plow for light commercial

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rick4wd, Jan 19, 2010.

1. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

have 03 tundra was looking at boss sport duty,blizzard lt 720,myers drive pro or snow dogg md 75:help:
  2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

who's your closest dealer?
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What is "light commercial"?
  4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I like the meyer ,snow dogg and fisher. The blizzard is a good plow too but they have poor ground clearance.
  5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Fisher HTS- there's a few other guys on here that have them- as long as you have a good Fisher dealer- that's what I'd go with- or the Western equivelant would be good too
  6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Light commercial, as in paved lots, small lots, typical snowfall of 1-3" is a storm...........vs, un paved lots, large lots, roads, storms of 8" plus. Shot in dark
  7. WIPensFan

I was just wondering what type of accounts he was doing. Would help with plow selection.
  8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

No Worries, We have "light commercial" lots here, Im used to the question is all. The dealer tried to sell me a snowdogg light duty plow, I took one look at it and was like you have to be kidding! The lights barely sat above the plow when it was on the ground let alone if it was up.
    I would look at everything above the homeoener model. It would just depend on what dealers you have in your area.
  9. WIPensFan

Exactly, get a little more than you need. Well put.
  10. MNSnowplower

MNSnowplower Junior Member
    from MN

Western's plow selection indentifies only the Suburbanite for your truck. SnoWay has the 7' 6" 22 Series plow. With down pressure, it would be a very nice plow for your truck, but is a well-built plow. That being said, the question needs to be asked, "Is there a SnoWay dealer near you?" Good luck.
  11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd look at a Boss Sport Duty or Standard Duty 7'6" or Snowdogg MD75. That truck needs at least a 7'6" plow. Don't bother with the Blizzard 720, its too small.
  12. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

sorry mostly drives one long drive for my sister its dirt. as far as dealer all i put above are close. the two fisher dealers here will not put the hts on it. (no mounts for it) i have a home steder on it now that came with it. but want one alitte more rugged
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  13. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Yea is "light commercial' a well lit Walmart?
  14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

A 7.5' Fisher SD would work good on your truck IMO. But if your not interested in Fisher you should get a 7.5 Boss Standard Duty IMO.
  15. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i would get fisher if thay had mounts
  16. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

fisher... only way to go:nod:

Price and quality... One name snow dogg!
  18. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

I would love fisher no mounts avaible except homesteader and one of those came with truck
  19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Since you can't get a Fisher I would recomend a 7.5' Boss.
  20. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

no one said snow way? I put a 26 series 7'6" with downpressure on my avalanche and love it. I mainly check and clean up sites + 2" plows. it scapes better than anything else I got. only bummer service sucks here no good dealers. oh yeah best part it only weighs in at like 350# so its easy on my air ride suspension