1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Chevyboy, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

wondering if I could get your $.02 on which mini lightbar is the brightest, and best deal for the money?:confused:

I am looking to toss one on my truck and I am having a hard time deciding on what mini lightbar is the brightest and rotates fast? I am looking for one so that everybody will notice the truck.

Let me know what you think
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I got my Whelen Responder Super LED bar for $300 at www.strobesnmore.com and you can see me better than than state and city plows!
  3. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I am looking for the same answers I am loking at the SHO-ME Luminator LED which is 399
  4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i just bought a whelen mini edge for my truck from a fellow ps member. ill let you know how it is when i get it. i wont be mounting it until i get a back rack and ill take my ecco dual rotator off.
  5. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

6. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

Looks Awesome on the web!!! Do you have a video that you could post of it???
    Ill definitly keep that in mind!!!!:salute:
  7. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I have a Sho-Me Luminatior and love it. Its really bright and has great side visablity.
  8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I will see what I can do
  9. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Get the Whelen Responder LP mini light bar with Linear LED's. Extremely bright and will last much longer than strobes or rotator lights while using less power. Here's a link and video:http://www.sirennet.com/whr2lphpa.html

Other places sell the same product but the above link has a video and thats where i got mine.
  10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Whelen responder lp 6 with the linear leds. bought mine for $300 its awesome so bright
  11. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

12. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I love my Wheelen Responder Linear light bar! Very very bright.

I know, State plows look weak compared the the responder light bar or any Linear LED's!
  13. toyman

toyman Senior Member

I have the Able 2 from Sho-Me. Great light bar for just over $200.

14. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

the best is the whelen responder lp
  15. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Federal signal makes just as good products as whelen. The highlighter solaris LED beats the responder for off axis warning. The linear responders patterns can be switched in cab. As with the highlighter you have to change it with a magnet on top of the dome. Both bars are pretty equall, the highlighter just looks better too. Very stealthy. Cost is about the same
  16. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

thinking about the lp myself..was thinkong about the sho me but i dont think the height would be good when we have 2+ inches....whats the solaris look like
  17. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

Anyone else???:rolleyes:
  18. goose06

goose06 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

19. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I got the Able2 Sho-me light bar its was like $240 shipped. It very low profile. Its very bright and has like 7 different flash patterns. PLus it never seem to draw down my volts like my old Whelan did on my old truck. The one for 399 from Sho-me is bigger and bulky looking on top of roof. I know someone that has one. But both have great visability from any angle. Oh one other thing I would recomend getting LED bar they make no noise at all. Unlike rotating ones
  20. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Highlighter Solaris